Chapter 53

It was fine if Meng Fu and the others didn’t get the surveillance footage, but once they got it, there was no way to talk about this anymore.

As soon as Director Mu finished speaking, not only Jiang Ran, but even Jiang Ran’s manager’s body shook. His head buzzed and he almost knelt down on the spot. "She … She actually agreed to settle it privately?”

Looking at the two of them, Director Mu shook his head. They were both in the entertainment industry, so he naturally knew what Jiang ran’s manager was trying to do. Initially, they wanted to get the surveillance camera footage and let the matter rest. However, they wanted to hype up the news, but they did not expect to go for wool and come home shorn [1]

[T/N]: To go for wool and come home shorn
means "those who seek to better themselves or make themselves rich, end up losing what they already have"

Given the current situation, if Jiang Ran’s officials were to step down directly, she would not be able to clear her name.

“Didn’t you say that they don’t have surveillance cameras?” The manager’s forehead was covered in cold sweat.

Everything before Jiang Ran’s eyes was black. She could not remember anything at the moment. She looked at her manager with cold hands and feet. "What should we do now? ”

The manager’s hands trembled as he called his subordinates to do public relations. Then, he opened his Weibo and went down directly with his official account. As soon as he entered, countless private messages and comments flooded in. He liked the first one.

[The passerby who has been watching the show is here. She said that Meng Fu had wronged you and asked her to apologize. She even attacked Meng Fu and her fans online, and what about you guys? Is this it? I'm so embarrassed. I think it's time for Jiang Ran's white lotus of the year to come out on her own (smile)]

-

They were all scolding him and Jiang Ran. Even Jiang Ran’s big fan apologized to Meng Fu in disappointment, not to mention the ordinary fans.

....

Jiang Ran made it to the hot search for the first time …

The White Lotus Medal of the Year.

Before the manager could catch his breath, the phone in his pocket rang crazily. It was his superior. "The company’s stock has dropped by two points in just ten minutes because of you. Get the hell out of my sight!".

Then, without waiting for her manager’s explanation, the boss hung up the phone.

The manager’s heart turned cold. He knew that he was done for. Not only him, but even Jiang Ran might have to quit ‘best idol’ from today onwards. There was no future for him in the entertainment industry.

He regretted it. He shouldn’t have touched Meng Fu because of Jiang Ran’s background. It wasn’t easy for him to climb to his current position, but this time, because of this incident, his future was ruined.

The entertainment industry had always been the most up-to-date with news. As soon as Jiang Ran’s incident came out, the audience was already furious. This was a matter of character. The behavior was too atrocious. Even if ” best idol ” didn’t want to make Jiang Ran withdraw from the competition, they had no choice.

The officials immediately posted Jiang Ran’s withdrawal from the competition on Weibo.

When the news came out, all the girls in the training camp were shocked.