1 | The Meet

Chapter 1 : The Meet

It was supposed to be just another typical Friday evening for me, so I thought, but here I sat on the edge of my bed zipping up the back of my black strapped stiletto heels that had gained dust from being in my closet for so long.

I sent a text asking my best friend Ashley where she was, she replied "I'm getting gas down the street bee-otch, be there soon XX".

The girl was always late I kid you not, but after the kind of week I had I wasn't too bothered by it.

I definitely needed a night out so I was just grateful to be able to finally get my ass out the house.

I stood up, walked to my full body mirror in the corner of my bedroom and was actually surprised at what was looking back at me.

On a Friday evening I was usually in a robe or pajamas with my hair up in a bun or my bonnet on laid up watching criminal minds for the 5th time but tonight I had on 5inch tall black stiletto heels, a scarlet red pencil skirt and a black halter top that had a silver chain tie in the back.

My hair was in small long black box braids, which was my usual style.

I wore gold bamboo mid-size hoop earrings and an Apple Watch as my accessories.

I've never been big into makeup so I only wore a pair of mink eyelashes and a small amount of lip gloss.

Ashley texted me saying she was outside of my apartment building so I walked out of my room turned the lights off behind me, said goodbye to my dog Nala and headed out the door.

When I approached the car Ashley and a couple of our other friends greeted me telling me how good I looked.

I smirked, stuck my tongue out and climbed in the back.

When we arrived to the lounge it was exactly what I imagined it would be.

A huge red neon sign with a red lips icon next to it read "Sex on the beach".

In the front of the lounge there were tall beautiful palm trees, benches and some outside patio tables, it fit perfectly with the strip.

Ashley handed a Valet member her car keys and we made our way through the doors.

We provided the security guards our licenses to verify our ages, then proceeded through the lounge to a table overlooking the bar.

I'm 25 and this was my first time being at an adult lounge with my friends.

I know crazy right?!

Surprisingly, I was the oldest of my friends not that anyone ever thought that.

Ashley was 24, Jada was 23 and Natalie was 22.

The main reason I'd never went to lounges or any outings with my friends in the recent years overall was because of my abusive ex.

I spent 6 years with him, which was way too long.

He was extremely controlling, abusive and everything about us was toxic to say the least.

I'd managed to go to the club once while with him, but of course he accompanied me and that was a complete disaster.

We'd been broken up for about 6 months now, since the breakup I'd made an effort to get back into my youth.

Needless to say being at this lounge felt great.

The air felt sexy, it smelled of sweat and whiskey.