43 | Safer

Chapter 43 : Safer

I stood there staring at Jax as he smirked at me with a smug look across his face I felt my muscles become tense and my blood begin to boil. I had told myself I'd try to maintain my composure but seeing him in the flesh always gave me bad flashbacks.

"It's always a pleasure to see you," he smirked.

"I'd never return that compliment."

He chuckled loudly, "I'd never expect you too."

"Glad we're on the same page."

I sat down across from him and Scarlett quickly and silently sat down beside me. She crossed her hands and cracked her knuckles gently while moving her head from side to side.

"Who's your friend?," Jax asked.

"I'm a business associate," Scarlett snapped.

"What kind of business?"

"Let's hope you don't have to find that out," I replied.

"Is this some kind of an interrogation?," he questioned while raising his left eyebrow.

"I wouldn't call it that. I'd say this is more of a warning. You've made my life a living hell for quite some time and because of you I've experienced shit I should've never had to," I responded. I stared deeply into his eyes so that he could feel my wrath.

"That may be true but a lot of things you brung on yourself lovebug."

"Stop fucking calling me that," I screamed. My palm had hit the table so hard that it became numb.

"Easy tiger," Scarlett advised. She quickly gave me a nudge letting me know that I shouldn't make a scene.

"Someone is emotional today," Jax laughed.

"Keep it up bitch, I dare you," I snapped.

He suddenly stopped laughing and stared coldly back at me.

"Let's not forget who you are and who I am. Don't ever raise your fucking voice and cuss at me like that again."

"Maybe you missed the memo, I'm not scared of you. If anything you should be scared of me," I explained.

He began to tap his foot quickly and the muscles in his jaw tightened.

"I hate a wannabe tough guy. You're a woman beater, a stalker and a clown. You're the type of guy I'd off for free," Scarlett blurted. Her eyes had become sharp and serious.

"What did you just say to me?," he asked loudly.

"You heard me loud and clear."

"Do you know who I am?"

"Unfortunately I do. You don't know me though, you won't have a chance to," she replied. Her lips parted and a huge grin came across her face. This chick was actually crazy, but I loved it. I felt protected.

At that moment Jax stood up and began to look down at Scarlett. I could tell he wanted to strike her but he somehow knew better.