27 | Unforgettable

Chapter 27 : Unforgettable

The next morning I woke up to Omar giving me a forehead kiss before he left for work. It was 4am and I could barely see him enough to kiss him back. I immediately rolled over and threw my face back onto my pillow.

A few hours later I woke up for good and began getting ready for work. I turned on some old school R&B music and began combing my hair out.

When I finished getting through it I slicked it back into a low ponytail, laid my edges down and threw on a pair of black scrubs before heading out the door.

When I arrived to work my boss and all of my coworkers checked on me following my breakdown yesterday.

I assured everyone that I was fine and jumped right into helping pull patients back.

"You're such a lovely young lady," an older black gentleman exclaimed as I took his vitals.

"Thanks so much Mr.Oden," I replied as I stood up removing my gloves.

I placed his chart outside of Dr.Adams' office and walked back up to the lobby for the next patient.

When I clocked out for my lunch break I grabbed my lunchbox and decided that I would go eat in my car, I just needed a little privacy.

When I reached my car I pulled out my phone, clicked on an episode of girlfriends and propped my phone up on the dashboard. I pulled my Cobb salad and ranch dressing pack out of my lunchbox and combined the two.

As I sat munching on my salad watching the show I received an Instagram DM notification. I exited out of Netflix and clicked on the notification. It then brung me to a thread from an anonymous user. The message read "I'm unforgettable not unforgivable, please meet me for lunch."

Only one person was capable of being so corny and messaging me something like that from a fake page, Jackson.

I swallowed the bite of salad I had been holding in my mouth and instantly blocked the message. There was nothing for me to discuss with him, nothing at all.

I hated the thought of having to watch over my back again or the thought of reliving my history with him, I just wanted to remain at peace. I sobbed quietly into my hands and then took a deep breath. I opened my phone back up and dialed Omar.

"Hey queen, I owe you a real date since last night we had to stay in," he answered.

"Okay, surprise me then," I chuckled.

Hearing his voice soothed me, but I needed to update him on what had happened.

"Look baby I hate to bring this to you but I thought you should know. I received a weird DM from an anonymous person a few minutes ago. I'm pretty sure it's Jackson," I admitted.

There was a brief moment of silence, but silence always says a lot.

"Is he going to be someone I need to handle?," he blared.

His voice sounded the opposite of how it usually sounded. He sounded pissed, cold, direct. I could hear his breathing through the phone and sensed the anger.