35 | Girls' Night

Chapter 35 : Girls' Night

The next day I woke up feeling emotionally and physically exhausted. It was the first night that I had went to bed without hearing Omar's voice first.

I hated being mad at him. I hated that this chick had suddenly came around and flipped my whole world upside down in a matter of minutes.

I wanted to reply to his texts or answer his calls so badly but my pride just wouldn't let me. I loved Omar dearly, but I love myself too.

After all that I'd gone through with dealing with chaos in the past I deserve peace, even if that means being alone to obtain it.

I managed to finally drag myself out of bed but I felt like I looked, horrendous. I decided that I needed a day to recover myself mentally and physically, so I called out of work. I had several pto hours accrued so I knew it wouldn't be an issue to use some.

I stepped into my Ugg slippers and decided to take Nala outside for a morning walk. As we walked around the complex I made sure to avoid the back portion where Omar's apartment was. I didn't want to risk running into him whatsoever.

I walked her to the dog park and let her run around inside of the gated area while I sat down on a bench overlooking where she played. I sat there and basked in the silence and sunlight, I began to feel a little at ease.

"Faith," said a raspy voice coming from behind me quietly.

I avoided turning my head to see who it was because I knew that voice anywhere, it was Omar's. I closed my eyes and tried to envision myself somewhere else, I had been enjoying my peace for once and here it was being ruined.

"Look I know you're probably furious with me right now, but you gotta let me explain this shit," he continued.

"I don't have to let you do a damn thing," I snapped, standing up from the bench to face him.

"You don't have to but you should."

"Why's that?," I asked curiously.

"Because when you love someone you hear them out," he replied.

"When you love someone you don't put them in a position to have to be hurt like this," I replied. I felt my throat starting to tighten, I could feel the emotions beginning to rise up into tears begging to leave my eyes.

"I would never hurt you intentionally and you know that."

"I thought I did, until yesterday," I debated.

"You had someone come at you from my past and you took their word over mine. You don't think that hurts me?," he asked.

His eyes were dark and gloomy, it actually hurt me to stare into them. I knew he felt the sadness I felt because we shared that kind of connection, but it didn't undo the damage.

"I believed the evidence in front of me, not her word," I grumbled. I suddenly flashed back to her waving the ring in front of my face.

"It's the same shit. The broad is crazy obviously you knew that when she approached you outside of your apartment."

"Yeah but she still had proof of being with you."