50 | Trouble

Chapter 50 : Trouble

When the ambulance arrived the paramedics rushed into the apartment placing Omar onto a gurney shouting out several different things. One of the paramedics was a woman with long brown hair that was slicked back into a low ponytail, she came to my side and tried checking me out to make sure I was able to speak.

"Ma'am are you okay? Are you injured as well?," she asked.

I felt the words coming to the surface of my mouth but I couldn't speak, I was in utter shock.

"She's not injured but this is her child's father she's freaking out," Ashley answered.

"Okay what's her name?," the paramedic asked.

"Faith."

"Faith my name is Jodie I'm going to get him to the hospital safely, due to your state of shock I'm going to ask your friend to drive you behind us to the hospital," she yelled.

I still couldn't manage to speak any words so I just nodded my head quickly up and down in agreement. I looked at the gurney and Omar was no longer moving, he looked completely lifeless. I started to cry manically as I ran to him and grabbed his hand.

"Baby please get up, don't leave me god please don't leave me!," I cried.

Ashley came up beside me and wrapped her arms around me tightly.

"They have to take him now he's losing too much blood let them go we're going right behind them," she said.

I wiped a few tears off my cheeks and ran to Ashley's passenger door. When she unlocked it I climbed in quickly and instantly felt more anxiety than I'd ever felt in my whole life. I was trying to keep myself composed for the sake of the baby but all I could think about right now was Omar.

"I can't believe this happened, I just can't," Ashley exclaimed.

We followed closely behind the ambulance as I began nibbling at my nails. My hands were shaky and my heartbeat was so elevated that I felt tightness in my chest. I couldn't calm down or relax at all, this was really happening. One of my biggest fears was always becoming a parent but a bigger fear would be having to raise my baby knowing their father is gone.

"It had to be her, it had to be," I cried out.

"We're going to figure all of that out but right now I need you to breathe into this bag," Ashley demanded.

I grabbed the small paper bag out of her hands and began exhaling and inhaling as deeply as I could. Tears continued to run down my face as they dripped onto my lower jaw.

When we arrived to the hospital we were forced to go through the civilian emergency entrance. I seen the paramedics hand Omar off to a group of nurses and a doctor that were all pulling on pairs of gloves and yelling out which medications and items to grab for one another.

One of the nurses walked up to us immediately and asked my name.

"I'm Faith," I replied quietly.

"He's in a lot of pain but we're working on stabilizing him right now. Due to the significant loss of blood he's unconscious but our best doctor is working on removing the bullet and getting him stable so you can come in and see him," she explained.