48 | Exposed

Chapter 48 : Exposed

We all sat at the table devouring our food and chatting between bites about the future and all the things to come.

"I can't believe my bestie is having a baby like for real, I'm in shock!," Ashley yelled.

"We're gonna be the best aunties ever, I hope," Jada chimed in. Her eyes were twinkling more than usual and her skin had a radiant glow coming from it, I was so happy to finally see her happy.

"Remember all of this when I might need a sitter," I joked.

"I'll volunteer last kids hate me," Natalie laughed.

"Nat you're the one that hates the kids!"

"Not true. Not all of them, just some. The ones that sit and beg for your food and cry about toys," she replied.

"So in other words 98% of all kids huh? I will not be sending our baby with you," Omar joked.

We all continued laughing and catching up on when suddenly it hit me. Ashley's wedding. It was super close!

"Ash what's going on with these wedding plans?," I asked.

"It's still on but as you know it's going to be small and intimate. We want to use most of our money for the honeymoon."

"Yeah we're trying to give you guys' baby a little friend," Trev laughed.

Ashley balled her fist up and punched him in the shoulder and blushed as she quickly stared away awkwardly.

Omar's mom looked at us with widened eyes not believing her ears, she then burst out in laughter along with everyone else. His mother was absolutely stunning, even without trying. Her eyes were a dark golden shade of brown, more like a hazel color and her eyebrows and lips were both full and gorgeous.

When I finished my plate I was still hungry so I waved over our server to order more food.

"Can I just have the same exact thing I had before?," I asked nervously.

I felt everyone's eyes glaring at me so I sucked my teeth and gave them a funny look.

"Absolutely, I'll be back out with that in a few," the server responded.

"Back to this wedding, how soon are we doing this?," I asked Ashley.

She shrugged, "I'm aiming for like next month, on Halloween."

My eyes lit up, it was my favorite holiday. "Oh my goodness yay!."

"I'm going to do a black wedding dress and the theme will be Addams' family," she explained.

"So my dress will be black as well right?," I asked.

She nodded her head, "Yep so you can hide that little bump if you want, even though I love it ."

I grinned, "It's definitely getting hidden."

Omar rolled his eyes sarcastically, "Eh not for long."