38 | Warning

Chapter 38 : Warning

Back To Faith's POV

I yawned widely and stretched the moment I opened my eyes the next morning. I had stayed the night for the first time at Omar's place so of course he was still sleeping.

I looked at the clock and it was only 4:08am. I had always ended up having issues with sleeping when I was under a tremendous amount of stress.

Some aspects of my life were fine, I mean my friendships were back rekindled and my relationship was still in a great place. I just continuously thought of what was wrong, other than what was good. I had a flaw of constantly overthinking and dwelling.

Slowly, I climbed out of bed gently removing Omar's grasp from my waist. I quietly placed my feet onto the carpet and walked onto his side of the bed planting a kiss on his forehead before leaving.

After I was finally out of Omar's apartment I walked as quick and as fast as I could back to my own. The wind was blowing forcibly against me, Florida was nearing hurricane season so the weather had been funky for the last couple of nights. Tonight it seemed to have gotten a bit worse.

When I arrived at my place I immediately turnt up the heat. My skin had suddenly become extremely cold and clammy. Probably because the dress I had on to seduce Omar was about as thin as paper.

After I showered I plopped down on my bed and pressed my face into a pillow. I attempted to go back to sleep but it wasn't happening. I decided I'd sit up and write down some of my thoughts.

This was a tactic Dr.Mayfield had recommended to me during one of our therapy sessions. Speaking of, I had an appointment with him scheduled for this Friday afternoon. I desperately needed to sit back in front of him and vent completely.

I had suddenly began to go back to some of my old habits again, for Christ sake I was planning to pay a hit woman to eliminate an ex. I mean I had a good reason for that but still, it wasn't normal.

After a couple hours of thinking about everything that was going on in my life I was alerted by my alarm coming from my phone. Yawns. It was time to get up for work.

I pulled on a pair of baby blue scrubs with matching blue and white crocs and headed out the door.

When I arrived to work it was fairly empty. I looked around and noticed only two patients sitting in the lobby both looking down at weekly magazines.

I stepped into the door leading back to my desk and approached Michelle, she had her nose into a book and wasn't on her computers like she usually was whenever I arrived.

I clocked in and turned to Michelle and asked, "what's going on, where is everybody?"

"Nobody wants to come out after those rough winds we had last night, they say that storm is coming this weekend and will be real strong," she replied.

Yikes.

"Damn, so are we going to be working the rest of this week?," I asked.

"Probably not after today, the doctors are considering closing it down until next week."

"Oh wow, I was walking early this morning and the wind was pretty brutal but I thought the storm was supposed to hit early next week and would just be another mild one," I responded.