58 | Karma

Chapter 58 : Karma

Omar's POV

"Where does he hang out?," I asked, angrily.

"I don't even know man. I just know he always seemed to stalk her. So I don't think he would be too far from where she used to be at," Trev replied.

It made sense. He wouldn't have known where she moved, from what I knew he wouldn't have even known she was pregnant. Last time he saw her was before we beat his ass at the engagement party.

"I'm having some weird thoughts about this. What if he shot me?," I asked.

"He shouldn't have missed. That was his worst mistake. We're gonna get him."

I continued driving towards our old complex and pulled into a parking spot near the front gate next to the community clubhouse. I stepped out and Trev grabbed his gun from the glove compartment. He had put on gloves, which led me to believe he was going to try to handle this on his own.

I don't know or care how this dude was still walking around breathing but that couldn't continue. I took things very seriously when it came down to the safety of my family. Faith and my daughter had become that.

I strolled towards her old apartment and started to chuckle as all of our memories came rolling back in. I hadn't known when I met her that I'd manage to run into her again and end up creating a whole life with her. It was still a shock to me.

"I got a couple clients that throw parties over here, one of my homeboys is actually throwing one tonight for the new year so we can probably find him or get a hit on where he's at these days," Trev implied.

"Sounds good to me."

I followed closely as we approached a building towards the back of the complex, it overlooked the dumpster which was the first place I saw Faith in the complex. I smirked.

Trev knocked on the door and it flung open. Loud music blared from speakers within the apartment.

"Yoooo Trev my man! What's up buddy I thought you was booked today for your own activities man," a younger white guy slurred.

"Plans changed a bit. We good to come in?"

"Duh bro. Mi casa is tu casa!"

I laughed quietly and gave Trev a "WTF" look as we made our way into the party. Led lights in all different colors covered the apartment as loud rap music blared from the speakers which were a lot louder now that we were inside.

"Ooh you so fine, you married," a petite woman slurred stumbling towards me.

"I'm locked in with a daughter on the way, my buddy here is married. Wrong way sweetheart," I politely responded.

She gave me a utter shock look. I guess faithful men weren't as common when it came down to parties. We were only here for one reason and it wasn't any women.

"I don't miss those days man. I don't know if I'm just a simp or some shit but if it isn't my wife I don't care for it," Trev laughed.

"I'm not married yet but I share that same view."

Mark the host walked back over to us with drinks in his hand. We accepted them but didn't take a sip at all.