9 | Therapy

Chapter 9 : Therapy

Thursday afternoon arrived quicker than I'd hoped.

Before I knew it I was sitting in the lobby of the psychiatry office waiting for my name to be called.

After about 20 minutes of me being there the door leading further into the back of the office opened.

He stood there at the doorway and I couldn't help but to stare for a moment before answering him when he called my name out.

"Faith?"

His voice was stern but smooth.

He stood there in a tailored blue and white, button up, plaid long sleeve shirt with blue slacks and matching plaid loafers.

He was Caucasian but had tan skin, sky blue eyes, a 5 o'clock shadow and very muscular arms.

I wasn't trying to sexualize him but god damn he was fine.

Why did I have to pick an attractive therapist?

Hopefully he's rude or something so I can fire him.

I should've looked at his photos before making the appointment.

My thoughts began to overflow.

I snapped out of it, stood up and walked towards him.

I'd never been into white guys anyway and my attention was on Omar.

This won't be a problem at all.

He held the door open for me as we began to make our way down the hallway.

We passed several other offices with closed doors, finally we made it to his at the end of the hallway.

The sign on his door read

Lucas Mayfield, MD

I felt nervous about being in an office with someone that looked how he did.

I was nervous about therapy in general so him looking like a dream guy from a romance movie didn't help.

I sat down on a couch facing his chair.

He had a tan leather couch, two brown matching leather recliners on opposite sides, a wooden marble coffee table and small palm trees in the corners.

A small running water fountain sat near the window with the soft sound of water rippling.

"Let's jump right in shall we?," he asked, "I'm Dr.Mayfield, I've been a professional counselor for over 12 years. I've helped many different kinds of patients over my lifespan but I specialize mostly in trauma and abuse recovery."

He continued, "When you did your online appointment scheduling and gave small details about your reason for seeking counseling I definitely realized that I could be of great help to you. I'd love to help you achieve whatever mental goals you have set for yourself and provide you with the best experience possible.