23 | Anita

Chapter 23 : Anita
* Omar's POV *

I left Faith's house Sunday morning feeling like a brand new man. A piece of me wanted to wait a little longer to make love to her, but I don't think our chemistry could allow that.

When I'd gotten the call from my client asking me to start on this project with my team today instead of in the middle of the week like we originally planned, my heart sunk. I wanted every minute, every hour spent next to her.

Of course that wasn't realistic, but a man can dream. The thing was she made me feel alive, not just on a sexual level but in general. She stimulated my mind, my heart, my soul.

The last woman I had felt like this about was Anita, and even then I secretly think I knew all along that what we weren't meant to be.

At the time that didn't change anything I mean I was young and dumb, but now that I knew what someone good for me actually felt like it changed everything.

I gathered my crew and briefed them on the job site.

"As you all know the job site we're working on was supposed to start construction Thursday, but our client has asked us to help so that the open house date can be moved up. We do the impossible here," I explained to the team.

"If you didn't pay us $20 an hour I promise my ass would still be in bed getting some head," Jimmy yelled.

He was the youngest of the team, also the one always equipped with humor. The rest of the guys nodded and laughed. I couldn't help but to chuckle myself.

After thoroughly briefing the team on the assignment we headed to the worksite. It was a brand new building located in the heart of downtown. It would be used as a center for those seeking assistance for living assistance, food assistance and financial relief.

Even though I run my own company I still had the choice to work alongside the team on certain projects. When my father ran the company I worked like everyone else, so the habit just stuck. I began working on basic layouts for the building and directing the team on the overall daily goal.

The sun beamed down heavy, causing me to feel like I was melting. I removed my shirt revealing my toned abs and biceps. Soon as I did I heard ladies' walking by on the sidewalk yelling and whistling, I smirked and continued working not giving them the thought of day. I only cared for one woman's opinion, Faith.

When we completed the first layout and finished with the first two floors we began to move deeper into the construction of the inner building.

We continued placing down the structure and foundation and then I called out to the team letting everyone know were good for today.

After getting down from the ladder I reached for a towel, I was drenched in sweat. I wiped my forehead and then continued to wipe the towel down my abs and to the crease of my boxers.

I thanked the team for all of their hard work and told them we would meet back here tomorrow. The project would take at least 6 weeks but we wanted to aim for 5. I made it my duty to decide to take off at least one or two days per week to spend that time with Faith.

She understood me, she understood my ambition and hustle. That's why I made time for her without a doubt. Whenever she called, I'd be there. It scared me in a way, the sense of vulnerability I felt next to her.