47 | Spill The Beans

Chapter 47 : Spill The Beans

When we left the hospital it was nearly 12am. We spent about an hour talking with the doctor about the ultrasound, lab results and going over a few other pregnancy related questions. He had assured us that sex was completely safe during pregnancy but he believed I had a soft cervix which could easily cause spotting/bleeding.

Omar sighed, "That was a real deal scare, damn."

"I know, I just feel so relieved that we know it's real and things are okay," I responded. I grabbed onto his hand and looked deep into his eyes, they had slight bags underneath them, probably from him crying.

"No more dick for you, at least for awhile," he chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and smirked. We were still on the way back to our complex when suddenly I realized I hadn't updated Ashley on anything, she was going to kill me. She also needed me more than ever because I was her maid of honor, I had to go see her.

"In the morning I want to go get breakfast and invite all my people out with us, I want to announce this," I said.

"I should probably invite my mom too, she's gonna be over the moon about this," he smiled.

I loved the way his face lit up when he expressed his excitement about becoming a dad. His dimples deepened and his face automatically got softer, he literally was glowing.

"She just barely met me, this happened so fast," I sighed.

"It happened for a reason," he replied.

I sat and thought about what he had just said and realized he was absolutely right. Jax had tried knocking me up for years and it never happened, but with Omar it barely took 6 months. I was more spiritual than anything, but god has a plan for everyone, that I couldn't deny.

"You're right," I yawned.

"How do you think everyone on your end will react?," he asked.

"Ashley kind of already knew and was excited, unsure about everyone else but I mean it's my life to live so they can support me or go," I replied.

He nodded his head and gently squeezed one palm on my thigh as he clenched the steering wheel with the other one while accelerating.

"There's some things we need to discuss, but it can wait," he said, tugging at my thigh.

I gulped nervously, "What do we need to discuss?"

He smirked and glanced at me, "We'll discuss it later."

I rolled my eyes and stared out the window. I was extremely impatient and he knew this, but he always tempted me, challenged me. I liked being challenged by him, surprisingly.

When we arrived back to the complex we decided to stop by my apartment. My little sister had taken Nala with her and her boyfriend out of town to a pet-friendly resort, I was all for it. I loved my dog but the thought of her out having a fun little break away from me with other dogs made my heart warm.

Omar and I climbed the steps to my apartment and when we arrived we both collapsed onto the couch. I was able to sleep peacefully knowing that everything, for now, was okay.