26 | Sensuality

Chapter 26 : Sensuality
*Explicit Mature Content Below*

I woke up the next morning with butterflies, similar to those you get upon starting your first day at a new job or a new school.

I loved Omar and how he made me feel, but in a way I hated how different I was feeling. It was like suddenly I no longer had control of my body, my soul, my heart or my mind. I was completely open.

I woke up to a good morning text from him confirming what time he'd be picking me up tonight, he'd told me to wear something comfy and casual.

I arrived at work and it was completely chaotic.

"I don't care what you say I'm telling you I've already spoken to someone with my insurance company and they said my visit should be covered fully," screamed an older woman. She was standing at the front desk going off on Michelle.

"I do apologize for the misunderstanding ma'am but I'm showing here you have to meet your deductible fully before your visit will no long require a copay," Michelle replied calmly.

I admired her patience. Healthcare was the more sophisticated version of customer service, you needed all the patience you could get.

"Let me step over here and call them again because this shit is pissing me off," the older woman screamed before fuming off down the hallway.

I immediately jumped in to help Michelle with the other patients that had been waiting for the episode to end.

"How can I help you?," I asked the next patient while looking down at the computer monitor.

I was busy trying to clock in and maneuver around the systems to pull up the scheduled patients for the morning.

"Oh my god, Faith?," I looked up to find Jackson's younger sister staring back at me. She'd called my name so loudly that the whole office stopped and stared at her.

"Hey Mia how are you?," I asked dully.

I didn't have any direct issues with Mia or the rest of Jackson's family but I didn't want any kinds of ties with him whatsoever.

Out of everyone in his family Mia was the one closest to me, but nonetheless she was still related to a monster.

"I haven't seen you in so long, it's been ages," she exclaimed.

I sat there and looked at her in silence. Did she not know what had happened with me and her brother?

"Well yeah, I mean by now you must know why," I replied.

She shook her head in embarrassment and immediately began to stare down at her shoes.

"I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm sorry if I'm bringing up any kind of bad memories of that. I'm only his sister I'm not him," she stated, fidgeting with her purse handle.

I nodded in agreement.

"It was nice seeing you Mia, I have to get back to work," I responded quickly.

"You know he still talks about you, he got therapy and medicine and really misses you," she added.

I began to feel a sense of fear suddenly cover my shoulder, it felt like something dark had suddenly caused me to want to look behind me.