41 | Confirmation

Chapter 41 : Confirmation

It was about 3 a.m that next morning when I woke up from what had felt like a much needed nap. I glanced over on the other side of my bed to see Omar sleeping peacefully. I smirked.

Tree branches strongly tapped the outside of my bedroom window as the strong winds continued to blow outside. The storm had developed much more since the weather channels' first official warning, it was officially a hurricane.

I slowly climbed out of bed and peered outside the window to look at what was unveiling outside. The parking lot in my complex had began to slightly flood which worried me the most. I didn't want my car to end up destroyed but I didn't have any control over the situation.

Mother Nature knew she was a bitch, literally. I began thinking about how she had fooled me with this pregnancy situation. I mean what was birth control even for? I had been on top of it completely especially after becoming sexually active again.

I decided to look up nearby OB-GYN doctors in the area that had availability next week. I'd have to wait until the storm passed completely but I refused to wait any longer than that. I wasn't even sure of what was going on with this situation so I needed answers, we needed answers.

As I continued to peer out of the window at the scenery I felt two strong masculine hands slightly cup my waist from behind me.

"What are you doing up?," Omar asked quietly. I could hear the sleepiness in his voice.

"Couldn't stay asleep," I replied casually.

"What's on your mind?"

"Everything."

"Like?," he asked, insisting I explain my feelings.

"This hurricane is getting terrible, the lights are still off, I'm pregnant and I don't know what I should do about Jax. I'm all over the place," I whined.

"Baby come here," he insisted.

He gently grabbed my hand and led me to the couch. I plopped down tiredly and faced him.

"I know it's a lot going on right now. Relaxing is easier said than done, but let's figure this all out together. Take a deep breath."

I inhaled and exhaled repeatedly, it was a good strategy when trying to cope with stress. As I took in my breaths Omar rubbed my back to comfort me. His hands sent goosebumps up my spine.

My hormones had began to rage more than normal, which I assumed could possibly be pregnancy related. I wanted him here and now.

"I love you," I cooed. I began rubbing his hard torso with one of my hands while looking him in the eyes as I gently bit my lip.

"I love you too, but no sex," he responded.

My jaw dropped to the floor as I stared back at him trying to register what he just said.

"I'm sorry, what?," I asked curiously.

I crossed my arms across my chest and glared at him with a raised eyebrow. I mean hold on, since when did this man turn ME down for sex?