54 | That Time Of Year

Chapter 54 : That Time Of Year

The months following Ashley's big day felt like they flew by. Shortly after her wedding me and Ash celebrated our October birthdays, thanksgiving arrived and now we were approaching Christmas.

I was a little over 27 weeks and had officially confirmed that we were expecting a little girl. I'd found out at my previous doctor appointment when I reached about 20 weeks. It was a shock to us because we had some kind of instinct that it would be a boy, but nonetheless we were blessed.

Christmas was only a few days away and my nerves were officially at an all time high. I was currently handing Omar Christmas ornaments as he stood on a ladder placing them onto the top portion of our tree.

The tree was huge, it stood at about 7ft tall. We needed it to be big due to the placement of it in our living room, anything smaller would've looked a bit awkward. It was an all white, fluffy Christmas tree that we were decorating with royal blue, silver and white ornaments and lights.

Omar refused to let me lift anything so we agreed I'd choose where the ornaments were going on the tree and he'd place them there. I had to get used to having this kind of protection and love from a man, it was still somewhat brand new to me.

I'd honestly been full of emotions for the last couple months, I just couldn't quite grasp everything that was occurring. I usually dreaded the holidays and never looked forward to them, but this year I'd had a sudden change of heart. I actually had a family, something to really be thankful for.

Omar stepped down from the ladder and planted a kiss onto my forehead. I cracked a smile and felt myself blushing. I quickly rolled my eyes.

"Damn what's that look for?," he asked.

"You're always making me feel all gushy inside."

"Isn't that a good thing? I just love you woman."

I grinned, "I love you too."

Oof. I felt a strong sudden kick from inside my stomach.

"Ouch!."

"What's wrong?," he questioned.

"Your daughter kicks me everytime I start getting all mushy with you."

"She wants me all to herself," he chuckled.

He plopped down on the couch beside me and started to rub his hand across my stomach. I felt her begin to move around even more like she was at some kind of a circus. It was crazy how she already knew who he was.

"I'm in for a rude awakening, she's going to take you from me," I sighed.

He laughed and placed his arm over my back, "There's more than enough love in my heart for you both. You're gifting me my first seed, you'll always have me."

I felt tears falling from my eyes, my hormones had gotten worse the further along I was.

"Stop crying, crybaby," he joked.

I wiped the tears from my cheeks and started laughing along with him.

"I feel like we've gotten nowhere with the tree, I could've helped you know," I pouted.

"It's too big of a tree you don't need to be on your feet that long," he said.

"I'm not disabled."

"I know that, but you're very pregnant so I'm not budging with what I said."

"Fine," I muttered.

He chuckled at the attitude I was giving and stood back up to continue decorating the tree.

Suddenly there was a loud knock at the door. It startled me a little because from what I knew we weren't really expecting anyone until the day before Christmas.

I waddled towards the door and opened it to see Omar's mom standing in front of us. She smiled and threw her arms around me pulling me into a very tight hug. I flinched a little.

"I'm so sorry, your stomach has grown so much I'm not used to it," she yelled out, rubbing my belly gently.

"You're okay mama," I smiled.

She stepped inside and snapped her fingers for her driver to bring all of her shopping bags into the house. I stared in shock as the poor man scurried over to us with both of his arms completely lined with bags. Dior, Coach, Gucci, Burberry, everything name brand you could think of.

"Why is this tree still so empty boy," she laughed poking Omar in the arm.

"Ouch ma, I'm doing it all by myself," he yelled.

"He won't let me help, thinks I'm disabled."

"She is not disabled let her help decorate her tree," she chimed.

I smiled and walked over to the decorations grabbing a bulb out of the package.

"Go sit your pregnant ass down woman, don't listen to her. I'm daddy," he insisted.

I rolled my eyes, "I give up."

I plopped back down onto the sofa and turned on Netflix. They had added all of the final destination movies to the selections so I chose number 3 and laid down with my pregnancy pillow.

"Boy you remind me so much of your father. He didn't play the radio when I was pregnant with you, didn't want me lifting a finger," Omar's mom told him.

She began helping him decorate the tree and I knew she had good taste so it relieved me to not have to watch for every single placement.

"I'm just really on guard about everything still. They mean the world to me, both of them."

"I know they do. They will both be taken care of for life, they're family now," his mom replied. She looked over at me and winked.

"They sure are. I can't wait until she arrives. We still haven't agreed on a name yet, that woman over there is so damn stubborn ma," he shook his head.

"It'll come. She needs her name to be chosen correctly, she's not an ordinary baby."

"You're right," he nodded.

I smiled thinking about the kind of family my daughter would be born into, one that was loving and open. I think truth be told I'd always been scared of a girl because I know the hell I went through being a girl growing into a woman, but I would make sure she didn't have the same upbringing that I did. Omar was thrilled to be a father, and I was thrilled to be a mother.

"Really?," Omar yelled out.

I turned and looked at him confused, I could tell his mom had told him something that upset him.

"It's okay babe it's nothing," he said, brushing me off.

I turned back around and sighed, he wasn't a good liar, at all.

A/N : I'm sorry this chapter took so long to get posted life has been hectic! I have a Christmas chapter coming for you guys very soon! Thanks for reading ❤️❤️