45 | Panic

Chapter 45 : Panic

I sat there while my hand trembled frantically, staring down at the blood that was now covering it. I felt a sharp sensation poke at my heart and my chest suddenly felt tightened.

"Omar!," I cried out.

He ran into the bathroom and instantly began to drop his head once he looked down at me.

"We have to go to the hospital now," he yelled out.

I could hear the pain and fear in his voice but he managed to hold it together for me. I felt absolutely horrible. He hadn't wanted to have sex but I let my hormones get the best of me and that might've cost us our child.

I quickly wiped myself off and flushed the toilet hurriedly standing up. I washed my hands off as tears fell from my face.

"I'm ready let's go," I announced.

We quickly made our way to Omar's car and climbed in as fast as we could. The whole car ride we both stayed completely silent, I don't think there was anything that could be said. We just sat there as still as ever listening to the awful music that played quietly from his speakers.

When we arrived at the hospital we turned into the emergency entrance and were immediately met by friendly valet members. Omar grabbed a nearby wheelchair and I sat down in it quickly as he began to push me through the double doors of the hospital.

I looked around and noticed several beautiful aquarium walls that covered the waiting room. The glow from them gave the whole area a beautiful blue glow.

The waiting room was mostly empty but a few people sat in chairs rows apart from each other with their heads turned in different directions to face the huge flatscreen tvs that were mounted on some of the walls.

Omar pushed me up to the front desk where a beautiful fair skinned woman sat in front of her double monitors typing rapidly.

"Hi there, my name is Paige. How can I help you?," she asked calmly.

"I, um. I think I'm miscarrying," I replied numbly.

"Oh no. Let me get you to fill out these forms for me and we're going to get you in with the nurse immediately," she stated.

I grabbed the forms and clipboard from her and quickly began filling out the paperwork. I slid them back to her moments later along with my ID and insurance card.

"You must work in healthcare huh?," she smiled.

"Yes. We were off for awhile due to the storm but I've been with my job for about a year I'm a medical assistant," I answered.

We continued small talk until another set of automatic double doors opened and a short nurse with tan skin and mid-back length beautiful deep black hair walked out announcing my name.

Omar quickly pushed me towards her, still remaining completely silent.

"I'll push her from here, but you can come with us as long as she says it's okay," the nurse announced. She grabbed the wheelchair handles from Omar and smiled at me, "I'm Nurse Savi."