56 | Loose Ends

Chapter 56 : Loose Ends

Faith's POV

Christmas this year felt like some kind of holiday episode fresh out of a hallmark movie. Something I clearly wasn't used to whatsoever. Nonetheless I was beyond grateful and thankful for the blessings put in front of me to allow that kind of experience.

Days were flying by like minutes as we wrapped up the year. Before I knew it New Years' Eve had arrived and I was now on my way to Ashley's house for her traditional NYE party. She had one every year.

I had a huge pan of baked Mac & cheese sitting in the backseat of my brand new g-wagon. She had asked and I couldn't tell her no. Bestfriend privilege.

This woman was beyond lucky I agreed to making and bringing it. I felt like a whale and wanted nothing more but to be in my bed catching up on sleep.

I drove to the party by myself since Omar had gotten caught up with some last minute things at his site. He'd agreed to meet me there as soon as he was done which I told him was fine. Besides, I loved this new vehicle. It was like my dream car without me even realizing it.

Of course he called me 5 times on my way to Ash's house making sure I was good though. The protectiveness he always had over me had boosted once he found out I was pregnant, and even more when we found out it was a little girl.

"Babe for the 5th time I'm fine, I'm 10 minutes away from her place I'm stopping to this store really quick to grab some paper plates and plastic utensils, you know that girl hates dishes," I laughed into the phone.

"I'm just a little nervous baby, I'm used to being your personal chauffeur lately, you know that," he replied.

I smiled, "Yes I know. We're okay though. How much longer do you have at work?"

"Probably like 2 hours. Should be to her place by 6:30."

"Okay then see you there babe, love you bye."

"Bye baby girl," he replied.

My stomach begun to flutter and I felt a strong sudden kick. He gave me butterflies and a baby, how romantic.

I parked in one of the closer parking spaces at the dollar general down the street from where I used to live, which was also a couple miles away from Ash's place. I sighed and huffed as I wobbled out of the car, shutting the door behind me.

I grabbed a cart from outside the store and walked towards the entrance. I looked in the window of the store and froze right in my tracks when I seen a flyer that I had dreaded seeing. It was a flyer for Jax..

I gulped and took a quick deep breath. It wasn't a murder flyer it was a missing flyer, how could that be? Scarlett had finished him, or so I thought.

Several thoughts begun to run through my brain and I could feel my heart rate skyrocketing. My palms got sweaty and before I knew it I was laying down looking up at the sky. I heard people surrounding me but it was like I couldn't actually make out the words they were saying, I slowly seen the light flash before my eyes and suddenly everything got dark.

Omar's POV

"Something isn't right," I told one of my business associates.