19 | Heartbreak

Chapter 19 : Heartbreak
* Omar's POV *

I followed Faith as fast I could but she'd flew into the room by the time I reached the top of the staircase. I had no idea how to handle the situation but for her I would try my best, anything to make her happy.

Before Faith I had only had one serious girlfriend, Anita. She was someone I'd spent nearly 8 years with but things went really wrong towards the end. After Anita I only had sexual desires when it came to women. I hadn't wanted to ever give my heart away again, until I met Faith.

When I reached her bedroom door it was already closed and locked. I knocked a few times softly and pleaded with her to let me in.

"Are you alone?," she asked, I could tell she had been crying.

"Yes," I whispered through the door.

She opened the door quickly allowing me to step inside the room. I sat on the bed beside her and immediately placed my arms around her.

She sat there sobbing uncontrollably for a good 15 minutes, I hated seeing her hurting. I assumed her mother had good intentions trying to introduce her to her father but it just wasn't a good time or the right place.

"I just can't believe her, she didn't think about me at all," Faith sobbed, continuing to lay on my chest.

"Baby I'm sure she thought she was somehow helping, it's how moms are sometimes," I responded.

I just wanted to help her out of this mood.

A few minutes later there was a knock at the door. I got up and cracked it to see Faith's mother standing there, she had sadness in her eyes. I told Faith I'd go talk to her to buy her some more alone time, I knew she needed it.

I asked her mother to speak somewhere with me privately and she agreed. I felt weird having such a serious situation unfold in front of me this soon into meeting her family but I was willing to help in any way I could.

"I'm so sorry this is all being brung up in front of you it must be a terrible first impression of me," her mother confided.

We sat down on a bench that was on her front porch.

"It's okay I'm just trying to support her the best way I can," I replied.

"You seem like an amazing young man. I just wanted her to meet her father because I know that pain has been on her heart her whole life. When I ran into him at the supermarket last week he begged to meet her and I knew she would never agree to it if I told her ahead of time," she explained.

I sat there quietly. I fully understood her mom's viewpoint. The thing was, I also understood hers. They both had reasons to feel how they felt. I cared enough about this woman to want to help her out but I also cared about her mom because one day I'd have to have her blessing to give her daughter my last name.

Arthur stepped out onto the porch and asked if he could have a word with me. I nodded my head in agreement. Faith's mom walked back in the house to attend to the others that were still sitting at the dinner table in shock.

After speaking to her father for awhile and hearing his input I thought it would be best for him and Faith to have a talk. I knew it would be hard to convince her but I tried my hardest. I walked back up the stairs to her room and knocked lightly. Here goes nothing.