8 | The Aftermath

Chapter 8 : The Aftermath

I woke up the next morning feeling like my soul had been snatched from my body.

Omar walked me home last night. The whole time we walked all I could think about was the magic he'd done with his tongue.

When I had gotten home I immediately hopped in my shower, after letting the hot water run over me for an hour I got out laid down and fell into one of the best sleeps I'd ever had in my whole life.

It was now 11am on Tuesday morning and I had some down time between patients.

I stepped into the break room and began to fix myself a hot cup of honey lemon tea.

I pulled my phone out of my scrubs, checked my text messages and my eyes lit up when I saw his emoji pop up.

🍫 : You taste as good as you look. Hope you have a good day at work beautiful.

Me : Hmm, don't tease me anymore. Thank you, you too.

I smiled and exited out of his thread.

I then read a message I had received from Jada.

I was close with all of my friends, though I had known Ashley the longest so she was the one I spoke to the most outside of the group.

Hearing from Jada was still always great, I loved all of my girls.

Jada : Hey bestie, I'm going to be in your building today going to my GYN thats upstairs from you. Wanna grab lunch?

Me : Omg yay of course, I'll meet you out front by the benches.

I placed my phone back in my scrubs and headed back to my desk.

I told my boss I'd be taking an hour lunch today but staying a little late since I would be leaving early for my first appointment with the therapist on Thursday.

I hadn't told anyone I'd be attending therapy so I just told her it was a regular appointment.

At 1pm I clocked out on my computer, grabbed my black LV purse from underneath my desk and walked out the front of my office building.

Jada sat there on the bench looking down at her phone.

"Hey there pretty lady," I said in a funny voice.

She stood up giggling, reaching for a hug, "Hey boo what's going on?"

"Just another day."

We made our way to Jada's jeep that was parked on the side of the street overlooking my office building.

Her jeep was the hottest vehicle ever, it was a pale pink color and fit her perfectly. (Picture posted for reference at the top of the story.)

I drove an all white 2018 Honda Accord, it was a nice vehicle but who wouldn't want to ride in a pink jeep?

Barbie tingz.

We drove down the street to a local Cuban cafe restaurant.

After being greeted by some of the nicest staff members ever, we placed our orders and began to sip our lemonades.

"I needed this. I know we always hang out as a group but I feel like I never get any one on one time with you. Ashley is forever hogging you from me," she chuckled.

Jada was absolutely stunning. Her skin complexion was of a honey graham cracker, her hair was dark brown, curly and fell down to her shoulders. Her body was petite but with curves in the right places.

Jada had been my first female kiss, nobody ever knew that. Only us.

"I'm sorry mama. I'm always working or in my own zone. Even Ashley hasn't been able to kidnap me much lately," I replied, ensuring her that she was just as special to me.

"Everything okay?," she asked, "I know things haven't been easy for you I just want to be sure."

"Yeah definitely. I'm starting to feel like myself again," I lied.

I didn't want to spread any negativity whatsoever.

"So since I'm here with you I figured I'd ask you for a favor," she said, in between a bite of her rice and beans.

"Shoot. What do you need love?," I asked, devouring my cuban sandwich.

"I need to use your pee for this office job I'm trying to get. I know you're as clean as a whistle," she replied.

I nearly spit out my sandwich. I had quickly remembered last night.

How would I get out of this?

I still hadn't told anyone about Omar.

At this point the man had eaten me like his last meal, so what was holding me from that?

I knew if I told Jada I'd have to tell the others. I just wasn't prepared for that incase things didn't work out in my favor.

"I'm actually on some antibiotics right now that can mess up my pee, I wouldn't want to risk your job," I lied.

I felt horrible but I couldn't tell her I had smoked, she would instantly guess that it was with a man and I would be in the red seat.

"Ah it's okay, luckily you're one of many people I know that don't smoke," she laughed.

I nervously smiled and nodded and decided to change the subject.

We sat there for the remainder of my lunch break just chopping it up.

After I returned to the office I began calling and confirming patients' appointments for the next day.

I stayed late, as promised, filing charts and preparing the front desk for the next day.

I ended up clocking out around 6pm, about an hour later than normal.

When I made it home I showered and began to prepare some lasagna.

Stupidly, I pulled out my phone and texted Omar inviting him over for dinner.

To my surprise he couldn't make it, he was traveling out of town for business.

This was okay, but it didn't feel okay.

Maybe it was how good he ate me but I already felt the clingy desire to be next to him.

I of course didn't express this to him and just told him it was fine.

Eating my lasagna I started watching an episode of Girlfriends.

I started to think of how my first therapy session would be, and it terrified me.

I hadn't opened up to anyone about my experience with my ex fully.

I had even kept details very brief with my friends to keep from hurting them.

I knew this therapist would force it all out of me, which was what I needed but it still frightened me.

I also thought about Omar.

What was it that I actually wanted from him?

Was I prepared to love again?

Could I handle another relationship?

Would I be able to fully open up to him?

When would I feel safe enough to tell my friends about him?

I began to overwhelm myself with thoughts and knew that that was my cue to go lay down.

I silenced my thoughts and laid my head on my pillow, drifting to sleep.

A/N : As I stated in one of my other chapters my plan is to have this book longer than 20 chapters. The more I write the more I'm debating stretching it to 30-40, possibly longer if I choose to opt out of creating a sequel. Stay tuned. 🖤

- Revised by author on 3/17/23 🫶🏾