46 | Big Moment

Chapter 46 : Big Moment
** Scarlett's POV , explicit violence 18+ only**

I moved my sunglasses down from my forehead to my eyes as I quietly examined the house across from where I was parked. It was a small single-family beige and tan colored home that sat on the corner of two crossing streets.

Out front on the porch there were a few small black crates, two brown patio chairs and a small table that appeared to be full of magazines. I had been examining this porch for the last couple of days to determine if there was any foot traffic but ever since that bastard had walked in his door a few days ago nobody had come by.

The sun had begun to slowly fall behind the clouds and before I knew it nightfall came over the sky. I couldn't believe I was actually pulling a job for free, that didn't even sound like me. However something had drawn me to this situation, guys like this one were better off gone.

I powered my phone off, crushed it with my boot and slid it underneath my truck. I pulled on a black pair of leather gloves and placed a black ski mask onto my face and quickly made my way to the side of the house.

I tiptoed through the tall grass on the side of the house and slowly made my way towards one of the back rear-facing windows. The only room with lighting on was the living room which I had already seen him sitting in with his head dropped down looking into a phone.

I peeked into an unlocked window which appeared to be his bedroom, typical dumb ass. I slowly lifted my upper-body onto the window seal and quietly lifted one leg over the edge and followed with the other while jumping down quietly onto the floor.

The room smelled of strong musk and smoke. Empty potato chip bags and beer cans were all over his dresser and along the bottom of his bed. I nearly vomited in my mouth from the filth. Pig.

I heard footsteps begin to move toward my direction slowly causing the wooden floors to creak so I ran into the closet and kneeled down all the way in the corner. He arrived in the room and I carefully peered through the cracks in the door to watch him.

He took a sip out of the beer bottle he was holding and backed out of the room slamming the door behind him. I sat in the closet brainstorming about the best way to take care of him. Shooting him would be too easy, he wouldn't suffer due to my accuracy. He needed to suffer.

I waited until I heard the tv shut down before I climbed out of the closet and slowly crept up towards the living room. I peeked around the corner and noticed he had fallen asleep with a beer bottle still in his hand and that's when I got my idea.

He sat there snoring with his mouth wide open and head tilted all the way back. A string of drool trailed down the left side of his chin, he was passed out drunk, literally.

He reeked badly of beer and other horrid smells. I reached into my jacket pocket and pulled out 3 pills, slowly I dropped them into his beer bottle and watched them begin to fizz up making a slight sound.

I kept opioids and other pills on me just because it was a little easier than just shooting everyone I came into contact with, it left less of a trail. Cops were less likely to investigate with an "overdose" rather than a gunshot, but don't tell anybody I told you that.

Jax slowly began to open his eyes and instantly took a huge swig from out of the bottle. When he opened his eyes completely he stared at me but couldn't see my face, only the mask. The look on his face was absolutely priceless, complete terror.

"Who the fu—, why are you here? I'm going to call the cops," Jax slurred, attempting to jump to his feet.

He slipped and fell down onto the floor causing a huge bang, somehow he still had his bottle intact in his hand.

"Let's not ask questions," I chuckled, stepping over him.

"Why—uh, why are you doing this?," he stuttered.

"You really are narcissistic, it's rather sad," I laughed.

I stepped onto his chest with one of my boot heels and dug it a few inches into his skin enough to cause him to bleed.

"Argghhhhh, please please don't do this," he screamed.

"Shut up!," I yelled back.

I continued digging my heel into his skin and noticed him begin to shake uncontrollably, the pills had kicked in quickly causing foam to come out of his mouth.

"You see this could've been prevented, you should've took the warning," I announced.

He continued to foam in the mouth as the back of his head continuously hit the ground, blood began to gush out from his scalp and his eyes became bloodshot red as he choked on his own saliva. He grasped for the air as he took his last few breaths.

I stared down at him, lifeless, alone, cold and still. I removed my mask and with one of my gloves hands reached down and grabbed the beer bottle placing it into a plastic bag that I'd be disposing of.

"That was for Faith," I smiled.

I carefully walked back to the bedroom that I had snuck in through and locked the window, after that I exited through the front door. No sign of forced entry was even more of a reason for nobody to come digging anytime soon.

I quickly walked to the driver door of my truck and climbed in speeding down the street. When I reached a bridge down the road I rolled down my window and quickly threw the bag with the bottle over the edge.

I dialed Faith from another burner phone.

"Hello?," she answered.

"It's done. Have a great life," I stated while disconnecting the phone.

I had other jobs to do and bigger business moves to make, for now, my work here was done.

A/N : I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! My book is very different as you guys can tell haha. Scarlett will have her own book coming out probably in the end of this year, it'll be a love story but still a little gory! Stay tuned. 🦋🤍