Chapter 1: The Awakening

A/N: My username on Ao3, fanfiction.net and Wattpad are all the same while my Tumblr is legends-of-time

——

Well, she died.

Well, Amelia did not just simply die. She got stabbed in the back – literally – by her ex. She thought they had split amicably, but apparently not considering.

Amelia supposes her obsession with watching murder documentaries finally caught up with her. She can't help but wonder whether there will be one about her's.

But this story is not about her murder (though that could be an entirely different tale). No, it's about what happened afterwards.

Amelia never really thought about what would happen when she died. Wait, no that was a lie. She had wondered if she would be reincarnated she supposed or just simply go to some sort of afterlife. Or maybe she would wake up in the world of one of the very first Tv shows that she had got obsessed with.

Amelia genuinely did not think this would happen, fanfiction is just that! Fanfiction!

But hey ho here she is.

However, unlike most fanfiction where people wake up at the beginning of the first episode of the first series, Amelia wakes up while being birthed (took her a while to realise what the sensation was) years before the show began.

Yes she had been reborn as a baby but not only that, she still has her own mind, her own memories from her previous life. Amelia had died and then came back as a baby but has the mind of a 21 year old (so being breastfeed was a weird experience).

From what Amelia remembers is that everything went black then suddenly there is this force pushing her forward. Then she abruptly experiences a falling sensation before being caught by a pair of hands. It takes her a moment to realise that the crying noise she heard was actually herself.

She is being wrapped up in a blanket before being carried towards, what she realises, is a bowl of water as she is then being rubbed down. It takes Amelia a while but when she is able to, she opens her eyes. The first thing Amelia sees is a blurry face with long white hair staring at her.

"A healthy baby girl My Lady," He says. From the sound of his voice, she can tell that he is middle aged man.

"No," cries a female voice. "Do not show me her. It will only hurt me more!"

Amelia would've listened more but due to the fact that she had only just been born (she is still physically a baby), Amelia fell asleep again. She is only again woken by the feeling of being bounced up and down. Opening her eyes, she can see the same blurry figure as before she went to sleep above her. Amelia realises that they must be on top of a horse though she did not know what their destination is, she can tell that it is night time due to how dark everything is.

After a while, they slow to a stop and the man, with Amelia in his arms, gets off the horse before walking towards what she can see to be a Manor House. The man knocks on the door and waits till the door opens and a woman steps out of the house closing the door behind her.

"Is that her Gaius?" She whispers.

"Yes My Lady," Gaius responds. Gaius. Huh. That name is familiar.

Amelia then feels herself be moved from Gaius's arms to the lady's. She felt warm and comforting. Safe.

"Know one should know where she came from. She is George's and I's daughter now." Says the woman.

"Of course My Lady"

The woman then turns around and steps inside the house, closing the door behind her. Amelia cannot help but think: 'What the hell is going on?'