Chapter 41: Queen of Hearts

Amelia's POV

The doors to the Throne room open slowly to reveal a room full of people lined up on either side. There's choir music playing softly in the background. A female figure can be seen dressed in a rich, purple, and gold gown, walking down the aisle between the Knights and Courtiers of Camelot. She kneels on the dais before someone and it is revealed that the woman is Gwen and the man she is kneeling before is Arthur wearing the King's crown.

He sticks his arm out and a servant walks forward with a cushion that has an ornate crown sitting on top. Arthur takes the crown and begins speaking, "By the sacred laws vested in me, I pronounce you Guinevere, Queen of Camelot."

Arthur crowns her, takes her hand and they each sit on a throne, looking out at the people in the room. Gaius, Merlin, and Anne stand on one side of the aisle while the Knights, including Leon, Elyan and Gwaine, stand on the other side with a Knight she doesn't recognise standing amongst them. Everyone is beaming.

——

Amelia gasps awake, sits up and breathes rapidly and shakily. It wasn't the content of the dream that disturbed her, if anything she's thrilled and mildly confused. Amelia hasn't had a dream in so long and it was so clear that she feels shaken by it.

She looks down at her healing bracelet in confusion. Amelia had thought this was meant to stop her dreams. She gets up and stands at her window.

"Amelia? Is everything all right?" Amelia turns to see Anne standing there with a candle.

"Er, um... yes, yes of course." Amelia stumbles.

Anne isn't convinced. "Amelia..."

"It, i-its just... I had a dream."

Anne frowns. "But I thought they had stopped."

"Apparently not." Amelia replies looking down at her bracelet.

Amelia hears Anne walk over and looks up as Anne asks, "Was it a bad one?"

Amelia earnestly shakes her head. "No, no." She smiles to herself. "A good one actually."

"Oh?"

"I dreamed of Arthur being King and him crowning Gwen as his Queen." Amelia informs Anne.

Anne gasps in delight. "Really?! Tell me more! What was Gwen wearing? Was I there? What was I—"

Amelia quickly cuts off Anne, laughing. "Anne, Anne! I'll tell you all about it tomorrow but let me go back to bed!"

Anne pouts. "Okay, fine. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." Amelia smiles at her.

As soon as Anne is gone, Amelia's smile drops. She can't help but worry about the contents of her dream now she has begun to digest it. Practically everyone was there, including faces she did not recognise, but where was she? Why wasn't Amelia or Morgana there? Morgana might have been caught out for being a spy and had fled Camelot but why wasn't Amelia there? She had been waiting for this day and what? She doesn't turn up?

There are so many questions Amelia can't answer right now. She shelves her worries as while it seems clear that Gwen will be crowned one day (cross your fingers) everything around it can easily change. Amelia clings to that hope.

——

Amelia told Anne almost everything about her dream the next day, which puts her mood back on track due to Anne's excitement about the day. However, this soon changes when Morgana later confides she had the same dream as well. Morgana had different worries to Amelia's as from her point of view this could mean that Morgana doesn't get 'her' crown.