Chapter 28: Sweet Dreams

Amelia's POV

Amelia doesn't know if she's feeling extra tense today because it is the day that rulers of the five Kingdoms come together to work towards peace or because she worries this is a new episode and she still hasn't found her notes so has no idea about the outcome.

Amelia doesn't have to be there to greet the Kings as they arrive but she has to be there when settling Lady Vivian, the daughter of King Olaf, into her room as Uther has ordered her to be there to welcome her and make her feel comfortable. Why can't Morgana do this?

Amelia is with Arthur when he escorts Vivian to her Guest Chambers. Hopefully, she will only have to be here very briefly before dipping out as she has heard that Lady Vivian is a bit full of herself and spoilt.

"I hope everything is to your satisfaction," Arthur says as they trail behind Lady Vivian who seems to be inspecting the room.

"It is... adequate."

Amelia purses her lips in irritation, something about this woman is putting her teeth on edge.

"Most of our guests are extremely happy here. I'm sure you will be, too." Arthur continues after being momentarily knocked off course by Vivian's response.

"Hm. I am not most of your guests." Amelia shares a look with Arthur.

"Why of course..." Amelia mutters sarcastically causing Arthur to nudge her. Gwen then enters.

Arthur glances at her. "Well, er, may I present Guinevere. She'll be looking after you for the duration of your stay. You'll want for nothing. She is truly one of Camelot's finest." Awww...

Lady Vivian giggles. "Then I fear for Camelot."

Arthur and Gwen look shocked at Vivian's rudeness and Amelia agrees with them.

"Is that not a little—"

"Excuse us." Arthur pulls Amelia out of the room with Gwen following.

——

They step out of the room and close the door.

"Amelia..." Arthur begins.

"What?" Amelia asks innocently.

"You can't be rude to guests."

"I wasn't!" Amelia protests. "She was the rude one. Did you hear her?"

The three of them pause and look at each other and laugh.

"Yeah, good luck with that one," Arthur comments to Gwen.

"Mmm." Gwen grins. Arthur stares at her for a bit before she notices. They stare at each other.

"I'm right here guys," Amelia says causing them to startle.

Arthur remembers himself and starts to leave. "We need to prepare for the feast." He pulls Amelia along. She's going to lose her arms by the end of the day if he keeps doing this.

Amelia smirks at him as they stride down the corridor. Well, Arthur strides while Amelia does little runs in between her strides to keep up with him due to her shorter legs.