Chapter 44: The Coming of Arthur Part Two

A/N: This is officially the last chapter of the year! Also, I think this is my longest chapter yet.

——

Amelia's POV

Amelia silently makes her way down the hall of the Dungeons, slipping bread to Sir Leon and as many of the other Knights as she can without alerting the Guards who are watching her from down the hall. Amelia has been miserable in the week since Morgana's coronation. She is just trying to be strong, to keep at least some sense of control of Morgause and Morgana until they find their chance to stop them.

It is hard though, the Knights are fierce and defiant, refusing Morgause and Morgana at every turn, refusing to pledge their allegiance to them when the women demand it. Amelia had hoped that they would realise that she does not want this to happen, and it seems they do by the way they greet her with a smile and whisper thanks when she tries to sneak them more food though it's not much and Amelia can see they're still very hungry.

She tries to keep her sisters from outright killing them for their defiance though, spouting something about how if the Knights of Camelot kneel to Morgana's reign, then so will the people who still remain hesitant. She can tell though that her sisters are growing restless.

——

Guards drag a dazed and weakened Sir Leon into the Council Chambers before throwing him at Morgana's feet. All the Immortal army now wear a uniform just like Camelot's had done but it is black with an image of the Rowan oak in red. The same imagery is everywhere Amelia looks, reminding her of the change in leadership.

Morgana grins from where she is seated on the throne, wearing the crown on her head. Morgause smirks from where she stands to Morgana's right while Amelia stands on her left watching anxiously with Anne and Gwen standing slightly further back.

"Tell me, Sir Leon, how have you enjoyed the first week of my reign?" Morgana asks. Sir Leon remains silent. Morgana's face hardens. "Speak up. Are you and your fellow Knights ready to honour and serve me?"

"I would rather die." Leon declares.

"That can be arranged." Morgause remarks happily.

"My loyalty is to the King and Prince Arthur. There is nothing you can do to change that."

"We shall see." Morgana nods and two Guards drag Sir Leon out of the room.

——

Despite Amelia's protests, the Camelot Knights are standing in a line in the Square with the people gathered around them. The Immortal Soldiers are lined up in front of them.

Morgana addresses them from the Castle Balcony. "I will give you one more chance to pledge your allegiance to me."

The Soldiers threaten the Camelot Knights with their crossbows. Sir Leon and Morgana stare at each other. He smiles.

"Long live the King!"

"Long live the King!" The other Knights echo.

"Perhaps this will help you change your mind." Morgana gives a signal. Soldiers turn towards the crowd and they use their crossbows. People scream and start running to escape the arrows. Amelia gasps and covers her mouth so she doesn't scream in horror. How can her sister do this? What has she become?

——

Amelia watches in dismay from a window as the Soldiers are collecting corpses from the Square. She doesn't like this person that's impersonating her sister. Amelia is more determined than ever that she needs to defeat her sisters.