Chapter 11: A Remedy to Cure All Ills

A/N: don't know whether you have noticed but I decided to largely reword this as I feel writing in third Person will be better than first.

This one will be longer than previous chapter but not the longest.

——

Amelia's POV

Nightmares are a funny thing. It can be defined as a disturbing dream associated with negative feelings, such as anxiety or fear. For Amelia, they used to mean exactly that. Be a reflection of her fears, a reflection of her subconscious, but once she woke up, she would realise the silliness of the dream as dreams often did not make sense and weird inconsistencies that you do not realise till you have woken.

Anne seems to have nightmares that were a reflection of her subconscious, though they are often of her parent's death despite the fact that she does not remember. She often describes them as a mixture of flames, black shapes and screaming. Amelia supposes that Anne's nightmares are often her mind wondering about what actually happened that day. Did her parents suffer?

Since coming into this life, nightmares had become to mean something very different to Amelia. Her nightmares have a greater possibility of now coming true. At first, she would try to remind herself that the possibility of it actually happening was not for certain but after her adoptive parents' deaths after her dream warning her, she had begun to fear that they would actually occur. When a normal nightmare occurred, not a vision of the future, it was sometimes difficult to remind herself of the differences between the two.

The show had not shown how often Morgana would have her 'nightmares' as they were only shown when it was convenient for the plot but Amelia had known they were bad enough for Gaius to have to give her a sleeping draught so that she would have some sleep. He now has to give these to Amelia, however, as she gets older, it, as expected, has a lesser and lesser effect on her.She debates whether it is due to her body learning to fight it/getting used to it as you would with antibiotics or it is due to her possible magic getting stronger as she ages.

When she has nightmares that were not related to the plot of the show, it always surprised her as she is not able to determine through her notes and memories (before her accident), whether they will come to fruition or not.

One night as Amelia dreams, strange images come into her mind. She can see flames coming toward an unknown figure and an axe flying through the air before it changes into Morgana lying in her own bed, unmoving with blood coming out of her ear. Amelia wakes up suddenly gasping in fright and before she knows it, she is being pulled into someone's arms. Anne, she realises, relaxing and calming down.

——

Morgana and Amelia have congregated in Morgana's Chambers when Gwen enters with a large bunch of lilies.

"You have outdone yourself, Gwen," Amelia says teasingly from where she stands at a table. Morgana laughs.

"Oh no," Gwen says shaking her head shyly. "These arrived for Morgana." Handing them to Morgana who stands by the other side of the table

"Who are they from?" Morgana asks curiously.

"I don't know. Maybe Arthur?!" Gwen suggests. Amelia doesn't know how she came to that conclusion.

"How disappointing," Morgana says sarcastically.

"Who'd you like them to be from?" Amelia asks her, smiling.

"I don't know. Tall, dark stranger?" Morgana says, smirking as she looks in her direction.

——