Chapter 23: Beauty and the Beast Part One

Amelia's POV

Amelia has read her notes and she can safely say that she became quite excited at reading what episode is next.

When Lady Catrina of the House of Tregor arrives, she knows that the episode is beginning. Her excitement doesn't stop her from staring at 'Lady Catrina', who is actually a Troll masquerading as said woman, as she enters the Council Chambers with Jonas, whatever he is, behind her.

"Lady Catrina, is it really you?" Uther questions, standing from his throne. Arthur stands on his right while Amelia and Morgana are sitting on his left with Anne and Gwen standing just behind them.

'Catrina' strides towards them. "I can hardly believe it myself." She bows.

"We had tidings from the north that the House of Tregor had fallen to invaders," Uther says.

"All that you heard was true, My Lord, and worse." Amelia frowns at the performance as it seems a bit over done.

"Your father, the King?" Uther asks.

"Gone, Sire. The enemy attacked without warning. We were outnumbered five to one. He could not endure. I would never have survived had it not been for my faithful servant Jonas. But we did survive, and we have made it this far..." 'Catrina' actually swoons and Uther catches her. "Forgive me, My Lord. I fear my trials have taken a toll."

"Your sufferings are beyond imagining, My Lady. It would be an honour to help you in any way we can." Uther seems quite taken with her.

"A bed for the night would be most welcome." 'Catrina' dramatically speaks as if still faint.

"And consider yourselves our esteemed guests. It's the least we can do." Uther tells her.

"Thank you."

——

Anne's POV

After everyone disbands from the Council Chambers, Anne rushes after Merlin and Gaius and catches up with them in the corridor. When Lady Catrina arrived, she had seen a look on Gaius' face, which caused her curiosity to spike. Gaius seems lost in thought while Merlin speaks.

"She's very brave."

"Yes," Gaius mutters. Anne watches Gaius closely.

"It's just terrible what she's been through."

"Terrible, indeed."

Merlin notices how distracted Gaius is. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing..." Gaius quickly responds.

Merlin looks unsure but then Arthur calls out from behind them. "Merlin! Job for you."

"Work, work, work." And with that Merlin leaves following Arthur.

Gaius then turns and sees the doubtful look on Anne's face. "What?"

"Something is wrong isn't it." Anne states rather than asks

Gaius sighs. "Not sure yet. I have some suspicions I need to check. Probably nothing."

Anne lets out a snort. "It is never nothing."

——

Amelia's POV

Amelia has been demoted from her spot next to Morgana at dinner because of the special guest. On Uther's right, it is Arthur then Amelia while on his left is 'Lady Catrina' then Morgana.

"Well, this is wonderful. Thank you." The Troll says to them.

"It's an honour. The Houses of Tregor and Pendragon have been allies for as... well, as long as anyone can remember." Uther says.