Chapter 63: The Dark Tower

A/N: Thank you to everyone who has voted on chapters, commented and added this story to their reading lists. Also, 5 years since I first started publishing this story!!!

Italics = flashbacks.

TW (spoilers): implied physical abuse and emotionally traumatic birth.

——

Amelia's POV

Anger and hurt.

Those are the two primary emotions that Amelia feels these days.

And that is what she feels as she watches Gwen and the Knights as they laugh and chat together while riding back from where Tom, Elyan and Gwen's father, is buried. It hurts to see how happy and well they are without her.

A hand touches her arm. Morgana.

"It's time, sister."

Amelia nods. She can do this. It won't kill them, she knows it won't.

The two of them mount their horses once more and ride to the field where they are to enact the plan.

"Wanne nædran, fram þæs foldan bosme astigaþ ge." They chant, casting their hands over the area in front of them.

They then ride away, hiding to watch and wait until Gwen and the Knights come into the field. Amelia's breath catches and she tries to hold back her emotions as she watches Percival lead the group along with Leon, right into the trap.

Snakes slither up to the horses, frightening them. Leon and Percival are thrown off their horses. Gwaine and Elyan frantically try to regain control of their own horses, trying not to fall as well. The latter cries for his sister to run for it. Gwen listens and gallops away.

Morgana smirks. "You must hurry, sister. Our prey is leaving."

Amelia swallows thickly and nods. She doesn't want to watch what's happening to Percival anymore than she has to.

It is not difficult to cut in front of Gwen. The Queen comes barreling towards her on her horse, coming to a startled stop once her eyes land on Amelia, who stands there, motionless, staring. Gwen quickly turns around her horse and attempts to flee. Amelia clenches her jaw, determined. She raises her hand, coiled into a fist, and sharply draws it back. Gwen comes flying off her horse and lands on the ground unconscious.

Amelia slowly walks over, crouching down to check if she's made any permanent damage. She hasn't thankfully. Morgana won't be disappointed.

——

Amelia and Morgana wait patiently, waiting for Gwen, who still lies on the forest floor, to wake. Gwen's arms have been tied up by rope.

Amelia begins to worry. "She's not waking. What if I—"

Morgana holds up a hand, silencing her. "Be patient, sister. All will be well."

Amelia's throat feels tight as she nods sharply.

Morgana strokes Gwen's cheek. The Queen startles at the sensation causing her to wake and quickly sits up, whipping around to look at who it was that had touched her. A horrified look on her face as she realises her hands are tied.

"Good morning my lady." Morgana greets coolly, smirking.

Gwen's body is tense as she analyses what lies in front of her, her eyes shift suspiciously between the sisters. "What do you want with me?"

Amelia plasters a smirk on her face. She wants to please Morgana to show her that her little sister is powerful and loyal. "Why so suspicious, Your Majesty? I thought you would like to play a game with us."