Chapter 32: The Tears of Uther Pendragon Part One

A/N: Thank you for the votes and saving the story into your reading lists.

——

Amelia's POV

Amelia and Morgana end up staying with Morgause for a whole year. Amelia's eldest half-sister played the whole it's not just Uther that is the enemy but everyone is in Camelot. While Amelia was still angry at Uther, she can't bring herself to see those she cares about in Camelot as the enemy. But no matter what Amelia did, Morgana seemed to become more and more corrupt and angry.

Morgause never told them that she was the one that put the spell on Amelia, which meant Merlin had to poison her to wake everyone up. She would tell Amelia and Morgana that he knew how much she cared for them and did it to get at her. Amelia would try to defend Merlin when she and Morgana would be left alone but she never seemed to listen. It was always one step forward and two steps back. It hurt Amelia to see her sister so angry and vengeful.

Morgause would teach them more spells to help them develop their magic but it was all dark. Amelia had the memory of Anne and Merlin to keep her going and not fall into this mess. There was one time that Morgause taught them a spell that choked this poor prisoner and Amelia ended up running to her room, crying, at the end of it.

That wasn't the end of the trauma.

Screams pierce Amelia's ears from the small room that she has in the abandoned Castle. Morgause, Morgana, and Amelia never stay in one place for too long in fear of Camelot's patrols finding them, but Morgause has decided to stay at this place for a couple of weeks. While Amelia is happy with a break from travelling, she isn't happy that it means torturing some poor souls.

Amelia is trying to focus on the book that Morgause had gotten for her when she realised that Amelia likes to read, but all the thoughts that are filling her mind are the suffering she's overhearing. Amelia tries to ignore it at first by blocking the gaps in the door, moving to a different room on the opposite side of the Castle or using her bedsheets and pillow to block out the noise, even covering her ears but the screams are too loud. Every instinct within Amelia wants to go and help those men, but the worry of what Morgause might do to her if she finds out Amelia is a 'traitor', sister or not, stops her.

It eventually stops. Amelia hears the door open and sees Morgause entering the room.

"Yes, sister?" Amelia asks though she doesn't like calling this woman her sister.

Morgause smiles and leans over, kissing her on the cheek. "I was thinking we should have chicken tonight if that pleases you sister then we'll continue our lessons after."

"That sounds lovely," Amelia replies as if the past few hours had not traumatised her and the idea of these lessons don't scare her.

"I'll go ask Morgana." Morgause squeezes Amelia's hand and moves to leave.

Amelia's curiosity gets the better of her, and before she can stop herself, she asks, "How much longer until you're finished with your captured men?"

Morgause turns around, a slightly puzzled look on her face.

Amelia quickly shakes her head. "It's just... the screams..."

Morgause nods in understanding. "They are quite bothersome, aren't they?"

That wouldn't be how Amelia would describe it but she smiles and nods.

"Do not fret, sister," Morgause reassures her. "Their screams will not last much longer, as they will no longer have a life to scream and beg for."