Chapter 2: The Beginning of Her New Life

Over time Amelia comes to realise what had happened. She had died and then she had been reborn. As a baby. Not one of the most ideal situations. Amelia also comes to realise how the world she has been born into is not set in the 21st century. The way they speak and dress are massive indications of this among other things.

And even though she had met this man called Gaius, who she soon realises has the same name as the Court Physician in Merlin. But Amelia is still in somewhat denial at first.

Amelia can tell that the family she is now living with are well to do. For one thing, she has a wet nurse, she knows her new mother is not her biological one in her new life and is not able to breastfeed, but the fact that they can afford one in the first place indicates money. Plus the furnishings in the home or of what little she can see of it in the beginning.

Her new Mother is called Helen Hallewell, who lives with her husband George Hallewell. George is nice she supposes. He isn't necessarily a warm person but he is kind enough. He warms up more as Amelia gets older. He probably does not know what to do with a baby. She blames it on his upbringing and who he is.

George is a Knight you see. Amelia does not realise until when she is older that he is a Knight of Camelot. She supposes that was one of the factors that caused her to realise what kind of world she is in. But in her defence, he is not a main character on the show. They do not have any specific main Knights until series 2 with the immortal Sir Leon. Before that, they were just simply anonymous characters till a plot quickly needed one. RIP Sir Bedivere.

Helen, however, is very involved. Well as involved as a woman who is a part of the aristocracy would be. Though she is very kind, even if she is her birth mother in this life, Amelia still isn't able to view her as her real mother; no one could, and cannot, truly replace her mother from her last life, and knowing she is not her birth mother does not help. Amelia not having any siblings in this new family means she has her sole attention and she can only assume that they took her in due to the fact that they cannot have their own.

Being a baby had its disadvantages as well as its advantages. The fact that Amelia has gone from a stressed student that just finished her university degree to a baby who has no responsibilities, the first months of her life were quite peaceful and nice. But as time went on she does get annoyed with how she can't do anything herself and not much to entertain her. This causes her to run her Wet Nurse and then her Nanny ragged as she constantly demands their attention because of her boredom (though Amelia secretly enjoys this).

Adding onto the fact that Amelia cannot do anything for herself, she also has to learn how to do everything again. Walking, talking etc. These come with time and initially the only way she could communicate was to just simply cry.

Considering in her previous life Amelia did not start walking until quite late (according to her parents), she is quite the fast walker in her new life. This is probably due to the fact that she kind of knew what to do. With talking, Amelia is very proud to say that her first word was "No", much to her new mother's dismay. Though she makes sure that her next word was "mama", which makes Helen very happy.

Having a new life gives Amelia many opportunities to try what she did not in her last life. One of them is exercise. A new life gives her the chance to be more active and not have to worry so much about the aching of her muscles the next day. Running actually becomes a fun activity, especially when her Nanny has to chase after her.

This all makes it sound like Amelia mistreated and hated her Nanny but that is not the case. She is the biggest mother figure Amelia has in her life. The one Amelia goes to first and her new mother second. Amelia is saddened when she leaves when Helen decides that she is old enough to have a Governess and start her education.

The moment when Amelia really needed to come to terms with the fact that this new world is the Merlin TV show is when Helen and George take her to the Castle to meet Uther Pendragon. She is only a few weeks old at the time and cannot see much outside of her cocoon of blankets, so it is only when people lean directly over her that she can see them.

As soon as they arrive, they are brought into the Council Chambers to meet the King in front of the Court.

"Sir George Hallewell, Lady Helen Hallewell and Lady Amelia Hallewell," a herald announces loudly next to them, which causes Amelia to let out a small cry in Helen's arms. Helen gives Amelia a shush before her and George begin walking forwards, the crowds parting as they walk.

"George! Helen! How good of you to come!" Cries a very familiar voice.

"Of course Your Majesty," George says respectfully while bowing. Helen curtsying next to him.

"Please, please rise," Uther says joyfully. "And who is this?"

"Our daughter Amelia, Your Majesty," Helen speaks this time.

Suddenly a face comes into Amelia's eye line. Uther. She can't believe it is him. The man that she had seen millions of times on her TV screen, now he is real and this makes her feel quite nervous and the only way Amelia can voice this fact is by of course crying. Helen hurriedly tries to shush her.

"Something to look forward to Your Majesty!" George speaks trying to cover his embarrassment. "How long till the big arrival?"

"Only just over a month," murmurs a more demure and quiet voice compared to Uther's. It is a female voice that Amelia does not recognise.

"Ygraine my darling, come meet little Amelia!" Uther says in a loving tone. Oh my god, Ygraine. She is still alive, Arthur is not born yet. Uther's tone makes her feel incredibly sad due to the fact she knows what is going to happen to his wife.

"Your Majesty! Your wife should not be entertaining so close to the birth!" Helen joyously cries. Please what do you know about pregnancy, not that Amelia has experienced pregnancy so she can't really judge.

Helen again begins walking forwards and before long another familiar face comes into Amelia's eye line. Ygraine.

"Oh she is such a sweet little thing," Ygraine says softly. "It is such a good thing that our children are so close in age. They'll be able to play together! As well as my sister, Vivienne's daughter Morgana!"

Ygraine and Vivienne are sisters? Huh, plot twist! Gotta love some drama especially considering who Morgana's real father is.

Helen's voice breaks through her thoughts, however, "Of course, of course, Your Majesty," she responds eagerly. "They will grow up with each other like siblings!" Oh honey you've got a big storm coming.

——

A/N: I know the show doesn't say they are sisters but I once read a fanfiction once where they were and I enjoyed the twist.

Please leave a review on what your thoughts are on the story so far.