𝐂𝐚𝐤𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

► 𝙵𝙾𝚁𝙴𝚆𝙾𝚁𝙳

A lot of people wanted to read the original version of Cake after I had posted the rewrite, so here you go. It's very old and messy and I wrote it when I was much younger and immature. I really, really don't like it, but check it out if you want to compare and contrast it from the new (and official) version. The whole original novel is composed into this one singular chapter, and it's about 39k words long. 

Nobody really has to read this, I just posted it for the people who wanted to.

I'm much happier with the newer version of Cake, and I'm very happy with the response I've been getting ever since I published it, one year ago today (Christmas Day). So, I guess, before you indulge yourself in whatever this is, thank you for all the love and support! You guys have made 2021 my most successful year on Wattpad, and though it wasn't my best year in real life, you've all made it worthwhile. So, really, thank you for everything. 

Yeah... 

So enjoy if you can I guess lmao

- Klondike ❤︎

~~~

𝙲𝙰𝙺𝙴: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝙳𝚛𝚊𝚏𝚝

𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟼

𝙲𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾

𝙵𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟿

~~~

Chapter 1: Husky

~ Charlie ~

Sun shined in my face as a wiped of tears that fell from my eyelids. I told myself that I was only crying because I missed my family. This was not the case. Not at all.

I sat in the back seat of a taxi, watching things rush by out the window. Most of them were poles that rose up to the sky, but at some moments I saw a broken tire, a smashed beer bottle, a trash can, and a rusty mailbox. Everything else was grass that extended as far as the eye can see, clouds, the sky, and sun.

I looked up at the sky. It looked so pretty, but the sun was way too shiny. I always liked it when the sun was too bright, but it was always cloudy in the rundown town I lived in. The sky's being unfair, I thought, It's shining bright when I'm in a bad mood. I tapped the settings icon on the window projection and it showed me a list of options. I pressed the icon that was labeled "fade" and the window faded, blocking the sun.

I was heading to my new College Campus. I can't remember the name but it's a visual arts school. I needed to move into my dormitory before it was too late. Classes started the next day.

I visited the campus before with my Mom. She loved the quality of the campus, so she signed me up immediately. I already visited my dorm already. It was at building C, floor 5, room 506. I haven't met my dormmate yet, but I hope he's nice.

I looked at the top right of the window reflection. It showed a clock ticking down with a subtitle under neath that read, "Destination Reached". My destination was only a couple minutes away as it read on the window.