㊵ 𝚂𝙽𝙾𝚆𝙵𝙻𝙰𝙺𝙴

~~~

Skyler

Christmas Eve.

I woke up in my comfortable and cozy bed to the smell of bacon and eggs cooking from the kitchen. Expecting Calico to be in my arms from last night, I felt around to find he wasn't there anymore. I opened my eyes to see Charlie, awake, looking longingly at the tiny kitten snoozing on top of his chest, petting him softly as not to wake him. I exhaled soft laughter, causing Charlie to look at me.

"I guess he likes you," I whispered, nuzzling the tip of my nose to his.

"He's so adorable," Charlie gushed, keeping his voice low. "And I'm allowed to use that word because I'm not referring to you in this sentence."

I rolled my eyes.

"He's never this friendly," I scoffed, resting my head into Charlie's neck. "He's usually pretty scary."

We both softly snickered.

"I can hear you two, you know," Cal suddenly spoke out loud.

Charlie and I froze. My eyes widened. Cal was awake and listening the whole time.

I can't blame him, even when awake I never want to leave Charlie's chest.

"I-I'm sorry, Cal." I stuttered, horrified that he might hate me.

"Whatever, Clouds," He snapped back, still resting on Charlie's tummy. "Your boyfriend's more comfortable to sleep on. But, I think you know that already."

My mouth fell open. Charlie looked at me with an expression that made it seem like he was about to burst with laughter. Cal got up from Charlie's stomach and onto the floor.

"I'm hungry." He said as he left the room.

Me and Charlie looked at each other.

"I'm truly amazed," Charlie said sarcastically as I climbed over him.

"Welcome to my world," I whispered, connecting my mouth to his as I laid atop his body.

I separated our lips by an inch to stare at him for a few moments. He's so perfect, even in the morning.

"What?" Charlie asked.

"Just... taking in the sight of you." I smiled so widely it felt as though our teeth were touching.

I slipped out from under the covers and got up from the bed, tugging Charlie's arm for him to follow.

We stumbled out into the hallway and into the living room. My dad was sitting in his favorite armchair, drinking coffee and reading the newspaper. Cliché, but it's totally who he is. Calico ran to the dining table and sat down. My mom came into the living room from the kitchen with plates stacked in colorful breakfast items. The dining table itself was an array of assorted goods, bright yellow scrambled eggs, toasted rare bacon, sausages, pancakes, waffles, oozing syrup... My mom really went all out.

"Your hair is a little messy," My mom said, placing the plates on the table before waddling over to me and licking her paw to flatten my stuck-up fur.

"Mom, stoppit..." I mumbled, pushing her hand away in embarrassment.

Charlie jokingly placed his paw on my head as my mom went away.

Me and Charlie sat down next to each other as my mom took more plates from the kitchen and placed them on the table. The sun shined through the windows and fell over the food. Oddly, it felt like I was in a commercial, but I dug into the eggs and bacon anyway.