⑳ 𝙷𝙰𝙻𝙻𝙾𝚆𝙴𝙴𝙽 𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃𝚈

~~~

Skyler

"Can you help me zip this up?" Charlie's voice asked from behind me.

I turned around to see an almost-naked Charlie, dressed down to his underwear.

"Woah, put some clothes on!" I joked, instantly using my paw to cover his body, my eyes darting to the ceiling.

"Calm down, you wimp," Charlie jested, holding up the skeleton suit. "We're dating, we should know what it's like to see each other without our clothes."

"I'm not a wimp..." I mumbled inaudibly, Charlie not able to hear me.

"Can you help me with my costume?" He asked, fitting his feet through the suit and pulling it up over his body.

"Stand still," I told Charlie, grabbing the zipper on the back of the costume and fastening it. There were holes in the suit for his eyes, tail, and ears to stick out. Not gonna lie, he looked adorable in that costume when his small little eyes peeked through.

Every day in October certainly feels like Halloween, but of course, not as much as the actual holiday. Nobody was in-costume during school hours, apart from this one guy who ran around campus dressed up as Shrek as a joke. It was 7:30, only half-an-hour until the party. I sat in front of the mirror and did my make up. It was only a bit of eyeliner, mascara, and blush. Honestly, Charlie was right. I do look like a girl. I grabbed my dress and went to leave the room.

"Where are you going?" Charlie hollered.

"Bathroom. I need to change." I scoffed, thinking he'd probably know that by now.

"Why don't you just change in here?" He suggested.

"I... don't really feel comfortable changing in front of someone," I admitted, shifting awkwardly with my feet.

"But I just changed in front of you? I won't mind, you know. I'm your boyfriend." Charlie chuckled, approaching me in a comforting way.

"Charlie... you know me..." I mumbled. "I'm really insecure about my body and showing it to others."

"Whatever you say," He shrugged, turning around. "You can change here, I won't look."

"Promise?" I asked.

"Pinky." He stated, facing the wall and covering his eyes with his paws. He even began to whistle.

I grinned, admiring his loyalty. I swiftly unclothed myself and slipped into the pink, velvety gown. Once I pulled the straps over my shoulders, I reached for the zipper behind my back, only to feel Charlie's paws fastening it already.

"Nice ass," He whispered amorously into my ears, wrapping his arms around me from behind and kissing my neck.

"Charlie!" I growled, pushing away from his grasp. I felt betrayed.

"Hey! Hey! I'm joking!" Charlie chuckled, putting his paws on my shoulders. I could see the regret in his eyes. He did not expect that reaction. I probably had the same scared, helpless look I always do. "I would never go back on a promise. And that's one I always keep."

I breathed heavily, fidgeting with my hands worriedly. Charlie picked up on my tone and began to put on a face of concern.

"What's wrong, kitten?" He asked, placing his paws gently on my cheeks, caressing my whiskers softly.

"I'm scared, Charlie," I confessed, silently trembling.

"Of what?"

"I dunno... everything?" I mumbled, conflicted. "What will people think of me? How will they react? What'll happen to me? What if I get hurt?"