⑭ 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙱𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙺𝙵𝙰𝚂𝚃 𝙲𝙻𝚄𝙱

~~~

Skyler

I waved goodbye to Charlie as I entered the lecture hall, leaving him in the hallway.

It's official. I'm in a relationship.

I don't know...

Yeah, that's it.

I don't know. That's the only way I can explain it.

I'm not sure, I'm not ready, I'm not brave.

I'm Skyler Clawfield, the biggest mishap of our generation. He's Charlie Cooperton, the sweetest, most charming being on this planet. How did we end up together? I have no idea.

It's probably not gonna last long, maybe a day or two. That's my wager. He'll grow annoyed with me and how much I sulk in loneliness and depression, my incapacity to perform, and my dumb mood swings.

I feel so stressed right now.

Sitting down in my usual seat in the lecture hall, I took out my sketching tablet and started to doodle. Whenever I'm nervous or overcome with anxiety, I draw on my tablet. It distracts me, calms me down, and relaxes me when I'm in tough situations.

"Whatcha up to on your iPad?" I heard a familiar voice ask when she sat next to me.

"Technically, it's called a Surface Pro 7, but I call it a sketching tablet for short," I told Claire, in the middle of drawing a tombstone with the name 'Mrs. Goodwin' engraved in it.

"Oh, shit, Sky. That's over the top," Claire chuckled, looking over my shoulder. "Write, 'she would've lived if it weren't for those meddling kids and their excessive need for Instagram likes and nudes.'" She added, taking her notebook out of her backpack.

"Good lord, I'm actually starting to relate to her," I moaned while writing Claire's suggestion down.

"Here, I made you something," She said, handing me a warm plastic container of food. I would have known which food if it weren't for the steam fogging up the inside. "It's just a little something to apologize for last night."

"You didn't do anything wrong," I wondered. "By all means, I should be apologizing."

"Well, Jonathan wanted to say sorry, you know, for his friends' behaviors, but he didn't know how, so he panicked and called me,"

"Tell him, 'apology accepted'," I grinned, taking the container from her hands. I know what it's like to be socially awkward, trust me.

"It's lasagna, by the way," She informed me.

"Let me guess, you don't know what cats eat so you took advice from Garfield."

"I'm so sorry," She cringed, guiltily.

"It's okay," I laughed. "Luckily for you, I do like lasagna."

"You can keep it in your bag and heat it up later, you probably can't eat it here." She suggested. I nodded, stuffing the container in my bag like she said.

"I'll probably share it with Charlie, my stomach is way too small to devour that whole thing,"

"Speaking of Charlie," Claire bubbled, tapping my shoulder daintily.

"Oh, god, here we go," I groaned, turning to face her.

"What happened last night? Did you ask him out? Did he say yes? Did you guys kiss? Are you dating now—"

"God, Claire!" I blushed, holding her by her shoulders. "One question at a time, please!"

Claire took a deep breath, closing her eyes.