⑪ 𝙱𝚄𝙻𝙻𝚈

~~~

Skyler

Nothing else really happened that night, Charlie returned to his bed and I slept in mine. The morning after went as normal, but something felt off. As Charlie and I got up for the day, we could sense some sort of tension occurring between us... A strong connection tying us together that has oddly never been there until last night's fiasco.

We had a greater bond, but now was not the time to investigate it. We had to get to school.

We gave each other complicated glances as we went our separate ways to get to our 8 AM classes.

I didn't think much of it.

I don't think I want to.

Life just kinda feels, like, it's paused at the moment. A gray area.

I feel like I'm waiting for something, something to happen to me, but I don't know what it is yet.

~~~

"Hey, bestie!" Claire beamed, jumping energetically into the seat next to me in Mixed Media class at 10. I smiled, tapping my pen on the table I was resting my head on. "So, I just wanted to say, I'm sorry again for not telling you about me and Jonathan."

"Oh, no, don't be," I begged, picking myself up to comfort her. "I totally support you two. You guys make a cute couple."

"Oh, good." Claire sighed, settling into the chair comfortably.

"Tell me about him! Is he nice to you? He better be, if he's not, I'll murder him. I will."

"Oh, Lord, he's an angel," Claire swooned. "I'm, fucking, surprised by how soft he is."

"He's soft, huh?"

"Yeah, I know, right? I was legitimately caught off guard, considering the facts that he's a football player and his friends are terrible..." Claire ranted, counting her fingers.

"His friends?"

"You know, Dylan and Byron?"

"Oh, yeah," I assured. "I think they hate me."

"At least he has one good friend. Charlie." Claire spoke, nudging me. I nodded, looking at my shoes. "Speaking of, what happened yesterday? You kinda freaked out on him."

"Oh, yeah," I mumbled, leaning back into my chair. "Something just kinda happened and it triggered something unusual inside of me... It's no big deal, though. We're okay now."

"You should ask him out."

My eyes widened as I darted my head towards her, startled by that approach.

"I... Wha..." I faltered.

Why can't I respond to her?

"What? You think I don't notice all the sexual tension happening between you two? I've got a massive gaydar, dude, and it just goes wild every time I see you two together."

I couldn't speak. Why can't I speak?

"Whenever you and Charlie talk, I'm always like, 'God, just fuck each other already, like, what is this, Riverdale?'"

Why can't I answer her? Why can't I scold her for saying something... so... intrusive and embarrassing?

"But, seriously, you guys would make a cute couple. I'm not joking, you should seriously ask him out."

You can't answer her because... she's right. You really should.

This is what you've been waiting for: confirmation.