⑬ 𝙿𝙴𝙰𝙲𝙴 𝚃𝚁𝙴𝙰𝚃𝚈

► 𝙰𝙲𝚃 𝙸𝙸: 𝙼𝙾𝚁𝙴 𝚃𝙷𝙰𝙽 𝙵𝚁𝙸𝙴𝙽𝙳𝚂

~~~

Charlie

My eyes cracked open to the sight of blinding light. I closed my eyes instinctively, hiding my face away from the sun shining through the exposed windows.

I blinked a few times before adjusting my eyes to my surroundings. I saw cracks in the ceiling above me.

I just realized where I was.

My head darted to my right in a flash to see Sky, conked out in the same place he laid last night. He was sleeping soundly, his head nuzzled deep into my chest.

I wanted to get a better view of him. I, delicately and gently, lifted his head and removed my arm from underneath him, laying him back down onto the pillow. I rested on my side, my head on the same pillow, watching him sleep from a different angle.

Lord, have mercy, Sky. You're a small, tender bean bag.

He looked so peaceful at rest that I didn't want to wake him. I wish I could just freeze time and keep him here forever. I could see his chest rise and fall gracefully as he breathed—inhale, exhale,—faintly and elegantly. I could see his breath, coming from his nostrils, flow and brush through his soft, fuzzy, pastel fur. I could see him. Just him. Everything about him, in full. This is who he really is when he's not shy or scared. I was getting an inside-look behind Skyler Clawfield's curtain.

I listened closely, hearing a soft purr coming from him. It sounded so rhythmic and soothing, like... white noise. I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure when cats purr, they're happy or pleased. He's happy, here with me.

I couldn't resist touching him. My paw rose to his face and started to caress his sensitive cheek, cautious as not to wake him, but to please him so he could nap a little longer. I wanted this moment for as long as I could get it.

But the moment ended.

Sky flinched, reacting to my touch. He began to yawn tactfully, not opening his eyes just yet. He rested his head back into the fluffy pillow, his eyelids opening sliver by sliver.

Once they were fully open, he stared at my chest. I don't think he realized I was right in front of him.

I laughed in my head, waiting for him to notice me.

When he did, his eyes widened.

"Hey," I whispered.

He screamed like a banshee, backed up hastily, and fell out of the bed, collapsing onto the floor in a noisy tumble.

I got up immediately, peering concerningly over the corner of the mattress to see Sky on the floor, shocked and confused. I sighed, laughing at how helpless this kitten is.

"Shut up!" Sky whined, rubbing his forehead.

"Sky, you're so adorable." I gushed, getting out from under the covers and dangling my feet over the bedside.

"I told you to stop calling me that," Sky grunted, picking himself up by his arms and sitting next to the wall.

"I'm being honest, aren't I?" I jested, lowering myself to the floor and sitting next to him.

"What happened last night?" Sky yawned, rubbing his eyes.

"We made out and had sex," I joked, passing him a footsie.