㊱ 𝙳𝙴𝙲𝙺 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙷𝙰𝙻𝙻𝚂

►  𝙰𝙲𝚃 𝙸𝚅: 𝙻𝙾𝚅𝙴𝚁𝚂

~~~

Charlie

After Sky's constant nagging, I finally agreed to go Christmas shopping with him Monday afternoon. It was worth seeing his face light up with joy as he jumped onto me and gave me a huge hug.

I've never seen Sky so outgoing before. Although I wasn't really there for most of his life, I feel it's safe to say this is possibly the best he's ever been.

He's bright, he's ditzy, and most importantly, he's happy.

And that makes me happy.

Sometimes I feel like life is a movie. Not necessarily a movie, more like a story. We all have plotlines and we all have endings. It feels like Sky has reached his ending. He's finally who he is and he's thriving. I'm still waiting for mine.

Sky stood on the shopping cart as I pushed it, racing down the aisles of an annual Christmas-themed store in a shopping mall. The type that would only open during the holidays. Sometimes, I don't really understand why Christmas is advertised so early, like in November. October is a stretch, but it does happen. But, now, it makes sense. Christmas is only one week away.

Winter break starts this weekend. I don't know what I'm doing for it. I wanted to ask Sky what he was planning on doing, but I already knew he had plans with his family. I wish I could go with him. I don't want to be alone on what is supposed to be the happiest day of the year, according to Sky.

Skyler and I scanned the aisles for Christmas decorations that we wanted to put up in our room and around the apartment. We were put in charge of decorations. Well, we put ourselves in charge. No one else in the apartment wanted to do anything, so we took the responsibility of decking the halls all to ourselves.

I, initially, wanted to get a big Christmas tree for the living room, but after watching the Charlie Brown Christmas special with Sky a few nights ago, we both decided to find a small, dying spruce tree, and give it life.

Sky tossed red and green LED lights into the cart, while I grabbed small, useless figurines and pretty ornaments that seemed to fit the mood.

Me and Sky had a tiny argument over who should pay for all the stuff we got. We both vouched for ourselves, each wanting to pay for the whole mess ourselves. So, we decided to get two shopping carts, divided the items we collected by two, and each pay for whatever was in our cart. That way, the bill would be split. Love goes both ways.

When we got home, we layered the walls and rooms with decorations. Of course, Jonathan and Claire decided to help us out. Claire had somehow become one of us now. She spent almost every night in Jonathan's room, probably fucking him, but, you never know. I wonder if Dylan was forced to sleep outside or if he still slept in there while Claire spent the nights. Either way, poor dude.

Dill, Byron, and Milo all watched as we hung up streamers in the hallway. Jonathan tried his best to convince them to help, which, surprisingly, worked. They began to take items out of the shopping bags and put them wherever they saw fit.

It feels like we really made amends with them.

With Byron and Dylan, I mean.

I dunno what's going on in Milo's head.

He's just doing his own thing, I guess. Can't blame him.

Sky set up some of the green and red LEDs in our room. He hung it over the doorway, making it look like a portal to some interdimensional world. To be honest, our room is an interdimensional world. Sky also bought those electronic strip lights that you see on the ceiling of every teenage girl's TikTok video and installed them on ours. He adjusted them to show off more Christmas colors. He really likes LED lights. He likes it so much that it almost gets annoying. But, I could never dislike Skyler. I'm starting to like the strip lights, too.