㉝ 𝙶𝙷𝙾𝚂𝚃𝚂

~~~

Skyler

I don't think I've ever woken up so refreshed in my life. The feeling of Charlie's body against mine provided the warmth and energy I needed to feel clean and stimulated. I had been given a second chance. I have the opportunity to turn my life around.

All thanks to him.

Watching Charlie sleep produced a new feeling. His guard was let down. It felt like I was protecting him, when in reality, he's always the one looking after me. How I wish I could help him with his troubles. I'd be such a good boyfriend if I were willing to carry all his pain.

I am willing.

Usually, he's the one who wakes up first. Unless he's faking it like last time.

I softly tapped his nose. He's not.

Charlie sleeping revealed a new side to him. An innocent, defenseless side. He was like a baby. Beautiful boy. He reminded me of Cal.

He was wearing only his underwear. This was the first time he'd ever actually sleep without his clothes with me. I liked it.

God, I really wish it were a weekday. That way, I could stay in Charlie's arms all day long.

His fur felt silken and delicate to the touch. I just wanted to climb inside his fur and hibernate for the winter. I know it sounds cheesy, but right now, I don't even care anymore. I love this feeling. I love Charlie.

"Ah, you beat me to it," Charlie yawned groggily, as he had just woken up.

"I guess I wear the pants in this relationship," I teased, petting the fur behind his ears. His tail began to wag as Charlie lustrously maneuvered his paws around my waist.

"This was always my favorite part of the day, you know. Waking up to you, knowing that I get to spend the next 24 hours with you... I missed that feeling." Charlie said, looking deeply into my eyes. I wanted to say 'me too' so badly until: "One second," Charlie told me, softly poking the tip of my nose.

He then got out of the bed and quickly retrieved something from his desk. It was a box wrapped in colorful paper.

"What's that?" I wondered as he slid back into the blankets.

"Your mom dropped it off," Charlie informed me, handing me the box.

"What is it?"

"I dunno. Open it."

Like a child on Christmas Day, I excitedly ripped the paper apart to reveal what was inside.

"Oh, wow," Charlie gasped in amazement, looking at the contents.

"An iPhone." I chuckled, holding the package in my hands. The sleek design and shiny overlay made the box seem so new and satisfying. I slid the top off, staring at the expensive-looking phone situated inside.

There was a sticky note on the lid that read, "This will keep you safe. Mom."

"Check that out," Charlie spoke slyly. "Now you can call me whenever we're apart."

"You already know I'm gonna be calling you nonstop, right?"

"You know that I know it."

"Even when we're in the same room."

"Oh, yeah." Charlie laughed, wrapping his arms around my body.

Our muzzles couldn't stay apart any longer. We both connected our lips and began to make out passionately as I dropped the phone on the pillow behind Charlie. I couldn't help but giggle in between kisses. Charlie was once again dominating my emotions. He's so good at doing that. It must be a common trait built into boys like him. How did I ever end up with such a strong, commanding husky like him? They're supposedly a cat's sworn enemy. He was a predator and I was his prey.