⑨ 𝙰𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁'𝚂: 𝙲𝙻𝙾𝚅𝙴𝚁𝙻𝙰𝙽𝙳'𝚂 𝙱𝙴𝚂𝚃 𝙲𝙾𝙵𝙵𝙴𝙴 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝚃𝙴𝙰

~~~

Skyler

OCTOBER

Another month has passed since Charlie got hired where I work. I think we make a pretty good duo, him being my barista partner and all. Henri and his wife have noticed that sales have gone only slightly up recently. If that was because of us? We still don't know. As for college, things have been going swimmingly. Claire is always happy to see me in Mixed Media and we get lunch together almost every day now, along with Charlie. I haven't paid attention to Jonathan a lot, but he does occasionally join us for lunch. Not gonna lie, he and Claire have both been pining after each other ever since the day they met. Other than that, everything has been okay.

Everything has been, surprisingly, okay.

I feel like I have real friends now, and I don't know whether to be happy about it or to start crying for not making any sooner. Having people to hang out with is the best! I always thought all animals were the same: cruel and hurtful. No one even bothered to bat an eye towards me throughout my entire social life.

Anyway, before Charlie and I headed out to work today, we heard a commotion outside. Everyone in the house did, really. Me, Charlie, Jonathan, Dylan, Byron, and Milo, all stood out on the front lawn to see what was happening. Turns out, the Cloverland marching band decided to throw the entire campus a little performance. I guess this was planned. This is probably why the streets got closed down this morning.

They had been walking down the streets of CIVA all day, and now they just got to our terrain. Everyone else on the block walked out on their front steps to take in the view and applaud. There they all were, in their red uniforms, accompanied by their great, grand music instruments, playing their great, grand marching band theme song.

It was definitely an occasion to cheer and applaud them, they weren't too terrible. Everyone on the block was howling their lungs out. It actually got everyone in our apartment to stand together in the same location for once. I could actually see my roommates in full view for the first time in two months. Byron and Dylan started cheering and clapping, screaming, "Go Timberwolves!" at their highest volume setting.

"Who are the Timberwolves?" I asked Charlie, tugging on his shirt since he couldn't hear me over the shouting. "What's going on?"

"The marching band is honoring our football team!" Dylan answered for Charlie, jumping up and down energetically.

"Well, more like promoting it," Charlie added while clapping. "There's a game coming up in November."

"CIVA has a football team?" I asked, eyes widening in shock.

"Yeah, me, Dylan and Byron are all members!" Jonathan informed, nudging me. "How did you miss that? We all live in the same house."

"Probably because he doesn't care for sports," Byron snickered. Dylan exhaled a breathless laugh, gasping for air and grabbing hold to Byron so he wouldn't fall over. Charlie face-palmed, shaking his head.

I don't get it.

"Yeah, those three just got recruited," Charlie continued. "Football season is on, so I guess the marching band wanted to show their appreciation."

"Let's hope you actually win," Milo muttered. We all looked back at him, remembering that he existed. I always thought I was the most forgettable person in the room.

"Uh... This is cool and all..." Jonathan mumbled awkwardly. "But, I got to go somewhere."

"What? You're gonna miss the fight anthem!" Byron complained. All Jonathan did was shrug and wince.