⑯ 𝙸𝙽𝚅𝙸𝚃𝙰𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽

~~~

Charlie

Waking up after a forgetful night's sleep, I found myself still in Sky's bed. I never left it from last night. My arms were wrapped around his waist. He was sitting up in bed, drawing on his sketching tablet.

Regaining all of my consciousness, I retracted my arms, yawned, and sat up in bed. I would think Sky would notice me, but he was too infatuated with his drawing and had headphones covering his ears.

I reached my arm over and snatched the headphones off his head.

He looked up at me and gawked, giving me a disparaging smile that spoke, 'you're finally awake'.

Even in the morning, his presence was stunning and delightful. I bet I looked like a trainwreck. It felt as though he was the sunlight that was entering the room. He's a fucking gem.

"Hey," I spoke, tilting my head at him.

"Morning, sleepyhead." He smiled.

"Drawing again?" I questioned.

"I do it to relieve stress." He admitted, stroking his stylus pen back and forth. "When I'm worried, I need something to keep my mind off of it. I... have ADHD, so if I didn't have something to distract me, like this, I'd likely be a complete and utter mess."

"Speaking of messes," I muttered to myself, trying to pat down the sticky fur on my head. I put the headphones around my ears and heard music blasting into my ears. The volume probably wasn't that loud, but I had just woken up and the headphones were like ear muffs. I began to listen to the chorus part of an upbeat pop song. "This is good," I noted, nodding my head to the beat. "I thought you didn't listen to generic repetitive pop songs."

"The song's called 'Out of My League' by Fitz and the Tantrums," Sky informed me, snatching his headphones back and wrapping them around his neck. "And it's 'alternative'. Not pop."

"What kind of music do you listen to?" I asked, sitting to the left of him by the banister.

"Bands mostly."

"What's your favorite band?"

"Mainly Twenty One Pilots, I've been to a lot of their concerts, but, I also like Paramore, The Regrettes, Tally Hall, Wallows... I also listen to artists such as Dodie, Orla Gartland, Girl In Red... That kinda stuff. And, sometimes if I'm feeling daring, I listen to the whole Euphoria soundtrack in one go."

"Damn, I should listen to more music 'cause I've never heard of any of those people." I laughed, Sky chuckling with me. We both looked at each other, smiling, though knowing we were both avoiding a conversation that was destined to occur.

I decided to get it over with.

"Sky, about last night," I began, Sky losing his smile and staring to the floor. "I see why you were so scared... of dating... If you don't want to do this anymore, I totally unders—"

Sky's paw suddenly clenched my muzzle, holding it closed.

"Charlie," Sky scoffed, moving his paws to my cheeks, brushing my fur delicately with his thumbs. "You don't have to worry. I know you wouldn't hurt me... You couldn't if you tried. You're too soft."

I chuckled, blushing. Sky lured my snout closer to his as he spoke.

"I still want to be your boyfriend. I still like you. A lot, actually." He swooned, pulling me in for a kiss.

"But, last night—" I tried to speak before our lips touched.

"It was just a mistake. I know it won't happen again." Sky whispered, landing our muzzles together.