⑲ 𝙲𝙾𝚂𝚃𝚄𝙼𝙴

~~~

Skyler

Twas Monday, the eve of Halloween. After our daily Breakfast Club meeting at Amber's, Me, Charlie, Claire, and Jonathan took to the streets with our cold frappuccinos in hand. We walked through the neighborhood, taking a brisk, lovely stroll before heading into our third class.

"So, Sky, Charlie, any plans for Halloween?" Claire asked, admiring the Halloween decorations plastered all over town. "Becca invited me and Jonathan to this frat party, you guys wanna tag along?"

"Who's Becca?" I wondered, kicking off brown, damp leaves that were stuck to my Converse shoes.

"Rebecca Seabrooke. Remember when I said I had a friend here from high school? That's her." Claire informed. I nodded, looking forward to meeting this 'Rebecca'. "Her and her 'twin' Nikolai are throwing a rave for us millennials, you two should come!" Claire specifically said the word 'twin' with air-quotes, Charlie picking up on the action.

"Are they actually twins?" Charlie chuckled.

"No, but they're both wolves, so they pretend... like roleplay," Claire responded. "To be honest, I always kinda found Niko as a bit of a creep, but they're friends so I try not to judge."

Charlie and I looked at each other, thinking back to the familiar-sounding-description we saw a few days ago.

"Is there a possibility that this 'Niko' has gray and white fur, a dark leather jacket, denim jeans, and a sly disposition?" I recalled. Claire looked back at me, a little puzzled by my on-point hypothesis.

"Y-Yeah? How did—"

"He already gave us an invite," Charlie sighed, taking the infamous orange slip of paper out of his backpack.

"Wow, that's a coincidence." Jonathan scoffed, taking the flyer. "I mean, what are the odds of us getting invited to the same exact party?"

"Is this 'Niko'... gay...?" I faltered, squirming with my arms.

"Uh, I dunno," Claire laughed, weirded out by the question.

"I thought you said you had an excellent gaydar?"

"I've only met him once, okay? Why?"

"Well, he called me handsom—"

"No, he didn't, that never happened." Charlie interrupted swiftly, covering my mouth with his large paws.

"Ooh, am I sensing a love triangle?" Jonathan chuckled, punching Charlie's shoulder.

"No! Sky is all mine!" Charlie huffed and whined, tugging me by my head, locking me into a suffocating hug. Claire and Jonathan burst with laughter as I attempted to separate myself from Charlie's body.

"Speaking of Halloween, what are you guys dressing up as?" Claire queried. "I'm cosplaying as Sailor Moon!" She beamed, jumping up and down in excitement.

"I'm going as Harry Potter," Jonathan added, flashing a toothy grin. "Not much people know this, but I'm a huge sucker for J. K. Rowling novels."

"Me and Sky haven't thought about it yet..." Charlie spoke, ruffling the top of my head. It seems he likes to strike me there often. "We'll go shopping later today. Sound good?" He asked me. I nodded in response, pushing my fur back in place.

We skipped down the orange-and-red-tinted landscape the rest of the way, looking forward to the upcoming event.

~~~

Charlie

After our 3-5 PM shift was over at Amber's, Sky and I journeyed to the local grocery store in search of our disguises. Already, we could see orange and black posters all over the front windows, advertising Halloween costumes and festivities. We pulled out a shopping basket from the stack, entering through the glass sliding doors and into the fluorescent-lit marketplace.