⑫ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝚁𝙻𝙸𝙴 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝚂𝙺𝚈𝙻𝙴𝚁

~~~

Charlie

Once we arrived at the drug store, I could see Claire out front waiting for us, worried sick.

"Don't worry, I called her," Jonathan said as he pulled me out of the car. Sky joined my side once again... I could get used to him being there.

Claire opened the glass doors and welcomed us inside. The pharmacy was vastly empty and loosely stocked. I was immediately taken into the bathroom, out of sight of the paramedic. We didn't want him to know there had been a fight on campus. We could get into all sorts of trouble.

"Alright, Charlie, I'm gonna take care of you," Claire comforted, taking out a piece of paper and writing a list of items on it. "Don't worry, I know how to bandage an open wound." Jonathan looked at her, slightly stunned. "What? I have a lot of skills. I'm basically a Mary Sue."

Sky held my hand tightly as I sat on the toilet seat.

"Can you get me all of these items? Thanks, babe," Claire instructed, handing Jonathan the piece of paper. "Oh, and call Amber's. Tell them there's been an emergency, Sky and Charlie can't come in today." Jonathan nodded and left the bathroom.

"It's gonna hurt, but you have to take off your shirt," Claire informed me, sitting down behind me, staring at my wounded back. I allowed her to remove it carefully. I watched as Sky tried his best to keep eye contact.

"Alright, Sky, help me out," Claire said, giving him a cloth. "Apply pressure to the wound."

"This might hurt a bit," Sky warned. I closed my eyes as he forced the cloth on my back, and, Jesus, did it hurt. The cloth felt hard and ragged, as if it were digging into my skin. I groaned in pain, but Sky tightening his grasp on my paw helped substantially.

After a few minutes had gone by, Jonathan entered the bathroom with the stuff on Claire's list.

"Alright, once the bleeding stops, we're gonna clean, disinfect, then bandage," Claire informed, washing her hands in the sink. "Isn't this fun? We're having so much fun," She said, grabbing a wipe and a cup of water.

Claire went to work on my wounds. The whole time, my eyes were locked on Sky. He just kept telling me sweet nothings, like, 'you're going to be okay' and 'just keep looking at me'. I was surprised by how calm he was, still holding my hand. He hasn't let go of it since the car. He really cares about me.

Him, Claire, Jonathan, they all do. I can't believe I was actually friends with those dicks. How could I have been so blind as to not see how toxic they were? These are my real friends. Right here, in the room, caring for me.

Skyler. Jonathan. Claire.

These are my friends.

My best friends.

~~~

"Alright, you're all done." Claire sighed after wrapping the bandage around my body. She wiped her brow and collapsed to the floor in relief. Jonathan held her hand, just like Sky did with me. He finally let go of me, knowing I'd be okay without his comfort.

I stood to my feet, wobbling, using the wall to catch myself after not standing up straight for so long. Claire really is skilled in multiple areas, my back didn't feel as painful as it did before.

"You're a miracle worker, Claire," Sky praised, standing up next to me and holding me by my arm.

"Do you want me to take care of those cuts?" She prompted, pointing at Sky's face, rising to her feet.