㉕ 𝙽𝙾𝚃𝙷𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙷𝙰𝙿𝙿𝙴𝙽𝙴𝙳

⚠️ CONTENT WARNING ⚠️

~~~

Skyler

"Are you okay?" Niko asked me as we drove back to my apartment in the Uber.

"I have a headache..." I responded, rubbing my temples.

"We're almost there, just a few more blocks."

I sunk into the cold leather of the back seat and stared out the window. I was starting to feel nauseous. I tried my best not to change my position. If I moved, my pain would likely get even worse. I closed my eyes, hoping it would reduce the sickness.

"When we get to your house, I can get you a glass of water or something."

Without looking, I stuck my thumb up.

I heard the wheels squeak as we pulled up to the street outside of my apartment. Niko exited the car from his side and walked around to mine, opening the door for me. He even unbuckled my seatbelt.

"I'm not dying, you know," I remarked as he pulled me out of the Uber. "You don't have to guide me every step of the way."

"Just making sure you get home safe." He smiled, wrapping my arm around his shoulders.

Is this what it feels like to be drunk? God, that car ride really did a number on me.

Niko helped me up the stairs towards the front door. I don't know why he's acting like my caretaker. I can walk perfectly fine... Maybe... he's actually a nice guy? And I'm just being paranoid? I am a cat, after all.

We stopped at the entrance.

I looked at him, wondering why we weren't going in. He stared at me as if I were dumb.

"Keys?" He suggested.

"Oh, right. Sorry." I recollected. "Thanks."

"Were you expecting me to open it for you?" Niko laughed as I searched my pockets, pulling out the keys. They jangled like jingle bells in my paws as I turned them into the lock.

"Well, you've been such a gentleman all night, don't blame me for falling for your tricks." I joked, opening the door.

No one else was home. Obviously, they were all at the game.

Actually, I think everyone in town is at the game.

We entered through the doors and into the living room. I tossed the keys onto the coffee table and collapsed onto the couch, releasing a sigh of relief. Using my feet, I kicked my shoes off. Niko made his way into the kitchen as if he lived here.

"What're you doing?" I called, closing my eyes and resting my head on the cushions, trying to let all the remaining car-sickness empty out of my head.

"Getting you water." He responded.

I could hear him pour water into a glass. Strange, he found that glass rather quickly. Like he knew where it was.

He seemed to take a while with the water, which was weird because he already poured it. I could hear him shuffling, though.

"Where's my water?" I teased, opening my eyes and shifting my head to the right. I could see his back at the kitchen counter.

"Coming right up," Niko spoke.

He was fiddling with the glass.

Niko turned around with the drink and joined me on the couch.

"Here you are, your majesty." He smirked, handing me the cup.