② 𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙼𝙼𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚂

~~~

Charlie

"And here we are!" Dill shouted with excitement, stretching both his hands out, focusing on the house before me.

It looked pretty large, yet pleasant and charming from the outside.

"It looks like a normal, suburban home?" I wondered aloud. "Are you sure this isn't a frat house?"

"Oh, no. You see, CIVA offers 'luxury' apartments." Jonathan spoke with air quotes emphasizing the 'luxury' part of the sentence.

"So, technically, it's not a dorm. It's a house." Dill explained.

"But, I still have a roommate?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's the only way we could afford it. We have three other people living with us." Jonathan responded.

"I thought you said only two?" I whined.

"Sorry, it was a better offer." Dill winced.

"So, there's gonna be six people living on this residence?" I spoke in disbelief.

"Don't worry, it's surprisingly larger on the inside than on the outside," Jonathan reassured. "We promise that we won't steal your food or your possessions, alright? This is a safe environment."

"There are three separate bathrooms!" Dill added.

"Three? Does that mean I have to share mine with my roommate?" I questioned. "Who even is he, anyway?"

"Some twink named Skyler." Dill mocked. "He already moved in, so you don't have to worry."

"He should be the one worrying, I moved in on the last day of summer. Classes begin tomorrow." I mumbled. "Is he home?"

"No clue, so, are we gonna stand around like retards or enter the damn house?" Dill slurred.

"Okay, Jesus, Dill!" Jonathan spoke, patting my back and leading me up the stairwell to the front door.

They were right, it really is much larger on the inside. Spacious, too. The living room was the first room you entered when stepping into the house. Everything; the floor, the walls, the stairs, all shared one theme: polished bright birch wood. It was nice and minimalistic. The living room had a couch, a recliner, a large, flat-screen TV with a game console, probably a Nintendo Switch, plugged into it. The kitchen was massive, too. It had many cabinets, a stove, an oven, a refrigerator, a countertop, all clean and shiny.

"You guys know how to clean? Shocking!" I laughed.

"Ha, ha. Very funny, Charlie." Dill replied.

I climbed up the nearby stairwell into a long, carpeted hallway with doors on each side leading to who-knows-where. Jonathan followed me to give me a tour.

"Your bathroom, me and Dill's room, Byron and Milo's room, you and Skyler's at the end." He said, pointing out each and every room.

"I'm guessing Byron and Milo are our other roommates?"

"Yup, don't annoy them, though, Byron kinda scares me."

"Looking forward to meeting him."

I walked down to the room at the end of the hallway. I grabbed the handle and opened the door. A slight breeze blew past me as it opened. I stepped inside. It was oddly sweet and relaxing. The whole room was colored white, a soft carpet covered the floor, two beds and two desks opposed each other on either side of the room like a mirror. The right side was already occupied. Whoever 'Skyler' was... man, he was very artistic. Paintings and drawings adorned his side's wall, mostly watercolor and pencil sketches. On his desk sat sketchbooks and colored pencils. Above his bed hung small LED string lights that varied in colors.