㉞ 𝙸 𝙽𝙴𝙴𝙳 𝚃𝙾 𝙳𝙾 𝚂𝙾𝙼𝙴𝚃𝙷𝙸𝙽𝙶

~~~

Charlie

Skyler is a gift.

I don't know what kind of trick the world pulled in order to get the two of us together, but it definitely worked. And I'm definitely not complaining.

He's probably been the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Waking up to Sky is one of the most exciting parts of my day, because when he's the first thing I see in the morning, I know that things are going to be okay.

The morning sun illuminated Sky's blue and pink fur, reflecting the color palette all over the room. He was sound asleep on my chest. My arms were wrapped around him completely. I must not have wanted to let him go.

I just hope I didn't crush Skyler in his sleep. Sometimes, I forget how small and slippery he is.

It was finally Saturday. I could stay in bed with Skyler all morning if I wanted to.

Just the two of us.

Suddenly, the door barged open as Jonathan marched in with the other half of a Nintendo Switch controller. I flinched a little, but kept steady as not to wake Sky.

"Get downstairs. We're playing Smash." Jonathan ordered, dropping the blue controller on the pillow beside my head.

"Can't you see I'm in the middle of something?" I whined, nodding towards the cat that was resting on top of me.

"You're always in the middle of something," Jonathan remarked. "We used to play video games all the time in high school before you got a girlfriend and became too cool for me."

"I'll never be too cool, and you know that."

"Well, now you have another distraction to our friendship." He pointed at Skyler.

"We had a long night." I pouted, petting Sky's head.

"Yeah, we heard."

"We didn't wake you guys, did we?"

"Oh, you did. Trust me, you did." Jonathan mockingly nodded his head. "Now, you're gonna make it up to me." Jonathan crossed his arms, turning to leave. "Bros before hoes."

"Ten more minutes," I grunted, nestling my snout into Sky's head.

"Your ass better be down here when your ten minutes are over," Jonathan warned, leaving the room.

Classic Jonathan. He may sound insulting at times, but this is just how he is. Sarcastic.

Once he was gone, I heard a muffled Sky giggling drowsily.

"You two are adorable," Sky teased while smothered in my chest.

"That's my word," I whined. "Did he wake you up?"

"I understand everything now, Jonathan's your match, not me."

"Shut up."

"I should just stay out of the way, you two are perfect for each other."

"You're not funny."

Skyler picked his head up from my chest and rested his chin on it instead, his face directed towards mine. He forcefully exhaled with a laugh of relief.

"Go and play your damn game with your boyfriend." He teased, his eyes squinting, unable to adjust to the bright lights of dawn.

"But, I want to stay with you."