④ 𝙵𝚁𝙸𝙴𝙽𝙳𝚂

~~~

Charlie

I unpacked my luggage. I fit my clothes into the closet. I put my notebooks, cameras, and other work-related stuff in the various drawers of my personal desk. I put my toiletries in the restroom and made my bed. I didn't bring anything to decorate, I hadn't thought about it. My side of the room looked very bland compared to Sky's. Beggars can't be choosers, I guess.

Sky just sat, drawing with his headphones on the entire time I was making myself at home.

After finishing tidying up, I went back downstairs. I heard the door open as Dill and Jonathan greeted a mysterious male voice.

"Hey, Charlie!" Dill called out to me. "Meet Byron!"

When reaching the living room I saw a tiger, who was weirdly intimidating and heavily threatening, enter through the front door. Jonathan was right. He looked down at me and flashed a wide, toothy grin. It looked like he was trying to be friendly, but unaware he was failing.

"What's up, man?" He smirked. We shook hands.

"The ceiling," I smirked.

"Ah, I hate you now, we can't be friends," He laughed.

"So, since Charlie has only been here for a few hours," Jonathan chimed in, patting me on the back. "We were thinking that we'd show him around the place, give him a tour, help him locate the buildings where his classes take place, and yadda, yadda, yadda."

"Oh, cool," I spoke, nonchalantly.

"Sounds boring, I'm in," Byron said, tossing his keys up into the air and then catching it.

"And off we go," Dill spoke, opening the front door and leading us to the staircase.

"Um, should we invite Sky to come with us?" I suggested.

Dill and Byron looked back at me as if I were joking.

"Pfft, that queer?" Byron scoffed. "He wouldn't be able to catch up." He walked down the steps towards the sidewalk.

"You have a nickname for him already? That's adorable." Dill joked, hopping down two steps at a time.

"He just wanted to be called that," I tried to reason, "and I don't wanna be rude, considering I respect other people's—"

"Damn, don't start sleeping with each other yet, you just met him, Charlie." Dill laughed.

Dill and Byron went ahead of me and Jonathan. Jonathan patted me on the back once again as I sighed.

"Told you," He said to me. "By the way, here's a map of the grounds."

Jonathan handed me a tiny laminated leaflet overviewing the campus. I opened it up and examined the landscape. CIVA is pretty massive, not gonna lie. It takes up at least 1/6 of the town it's located in.

Jonathan spent the rest of the walk to show me all the buildings I'd have to get to during the weekly/daily schedule. The four of us visited each and every building and classroom in the refreshing cool breeze juxtaposed to the sweltering hot days of summer. Standing in the empty lecture hall helped me get a sense of what I'd be enduring this semester. The boys even taught me some shortcuts that would get me to class faster if I was ever running late. I also got to meet some of the professors that would be lecturing me. Getting a hands-on experience with them would definitely boost my relationship with the institution. After that, Byron showed us a hidden alley to hit up if we ever needed weed. I didn't really care much for that, so Jonathan and I decided to leave earlier.