㉑ 𝚂𝚄𝚂𝙷𝙸

~~~

Charlie

"Skyler! Hey!" I called, struggling with my costume, trying to catch up to him. Once I took the head part of the suit off, I could watch Sky hustling down the street. This is the fastest I've ever seen him walk. He did have pretty long legs, though, for a small boy like him. He was heading back to the dorm in a hurry.

When I had gone to the bathroom, I took a much longer time than I had expected. I searched the cupboards of the restroom for a stick of deodorant since Sky said I needed a shower. Then, when I was applying it, my costume's zipper got stuck and I had to reach behind my back to fasten my suit back into place. That took a while and eventually I fixed it, but when I went back into the bedroom, Sky was gone. In his place, I saw two animals having sex.

That was what started my frantic search for him.

Once I finally caught up to Sky on the sidewalk, I could see the major emotion of fear in his face. Fear, sadness, and anger. He was furiously wiping the makeup off his face, smudging it into his fur. He didn't seem to care. Usually, he does.

"Skyler? What's wrong?" I asked, trying to stop his marching with my hand.

"It's Sky." He grunted, not bothering to look at me.

"Can you stop walking for one second? I want to talk!" I reasoned, moving in front of him in an attempt to block his path.

"I'm not stopping until we're home." He argued, walking around me.

"Skyler, please stop." I pleaded strongly, following him.

"It's Sky."

"What happened?"

"I want to go home."

"Skyler, please—"

"IT'S SKY! " He shouted, stopping in his tracks, turning back at me.

That was the first time I ever heard him scream.

In anger.

At me.

His eyes were filled with rage. His fists were clenched. His stance was domineering.

"Sky—"

"I'M NOT A FUCKING GIRL! Is that what you see me as? A sissy? Someone who can easily be commanded by any male who's interested? Is that why you made me wear this dress and come to this party, I'm not a FUCKING FAGGOT! AND I'M NOT A GODDAMN WIMP!"

"What? I—"

"I trusted you!" He cried, pointing his finger at me violently. "You made me think everything would be okay, that you'd be there, by my side, the whole time, protecting me! You said it! You promised! 'It'll help you, Sky'! 'Everything's gonna be okay, Sky'! 'You have nothing to worry about, Sky'! LIKE SHIT I DID!"

I stood there, not knowing what to do.

For the first time, I was scared. I've never heard him curse before.

There we were, underneath a flickering lamppost, in silence for a few passing seconds. Suddenly, Sky's fiery eyes dropped to horror. He took a few steps back, realizing what he's done. He covered his mouth with his paws, his eyes watering. He could see all the bystanders, watching us, concerned. He began to sniffle relentlessly and cry softly, falling to the concrete. He curled up into a ball, afraid of what's become of him.

I stared at him, silently weeping on the floor, beginning to tear up myself.

"Sky..." I murmured, lowering down to the concrete, placing my paw on his arm.