⑤ 𝙲𝙻𝙰𝚂𝚂𝙴𝚂

~~~

Skyler

A little bit of sunlight shined through the blinds and hit me in the face, waking me from slumber. I yawned and sat up in bed feebly, rubbing my eyes. I can't lie, the bed was super comfy. Another pro to add to my list of the pro and cons of CIVA. They're almost tied now.

I looked to the analog clock on my desk that was purposefully turned the other way to face me so I could read it every morning. 6:05 AM. It's pretty early, but I'm a morning bird so it's okay.

I turned my head right to see Charlie, collapsed in his bed.

I've already addressed that I have developed some sort of a crush on him, so my current mission is to avoid him as much as I can to let these feelings fizzle out. Seeing him lie there in his boxers wasn't exactly doing me any favors, though.

I mean, he's really cute when he's snoring–Crap, I told him I'd be friends with him last night.

I should not have let my sleepy-self take control of my actions. I told myself I wouldn't let anyone sway my emotions, I'm not here to socialize, I'm here to learn.

I made my bed quickly, took a shower, brushed my teeth, put on deodorant, changed into my normally dark clothing, grabbed my stuff for school, ate breakfast.

Milo was the first to come down after me. He's a raccoon. He didn't even change or take a shower, as raccoons do.

"Wow, you're up early." He yawned, looking in the cupboard for cereal.

"Just... wanted to be prepared for the first day," I muttered.

"Alright, Leslie Knope." He said, pulling out a bowl and spoon from the cabinets.

I looked into my backpack, searching for my sketchpad. It wasn't in there.

In a quick movement, I dashed through the living room, up the stairway, and down the hall.

I was about to open the door to the bedroom, but something stopped me.

I could hear Charlie's muffled voice beyond the door. He was awake.

It sounded like he was on a call.

"Hey, I just wanted to check in, see how you were doing? It's been a minute since we talked, I know how much you like to brief me on your new college life... Just, call me back! I will await your response, haha. See ya, Cass."

I heard him hang up the phone.

Cass?

Who is Cass?

~~~

"So, what brings you here, early in the morning, Sky?" Mr. Bateman asked me, sitting down in his big swivel chair.

I left the apartment before anybody else woke up and decided to make an unscheduled meeting with my art professor. I've met with him a couple of times, so we're familiar with each other. He's seen some of my art and said he can't wait to work with me this semester. He's a middle-aged wolf with a degree in mixed media. What can I say, I look up to him.

"Well, Mr. Bateman, sir," I spoke up, shifting in the chair across from his desk. "I was hoping we could discuss, um, my career as an artist. I want to do more. I want to push myself in order to show that I am capable of succeeding. I was hoping if there was any way I could do more than what I'm assigned?"

"Mr. Clawfield," Mr. Bateman tilted his head in dissatisfaction. "How can you ask for more work when you haven't even started what is given?"

"I just want you to know that I am prepared for any task that is asked of me—"