㉙ 𝙳𝙴𝙲𝙾𝚁𝙰𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽

► 𝙰𝙲𝚃 𝙸𝙸𝙸: 𝚁𝙴𝙲𝙾𝚅𝙴𝚁𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙵𝚁𝙸𝙴𝙽𝙳𝚂

~~~

Charlie

DECEMBER

It's been two weeks. The temperature has finally reached its low points. It's already starting to snow. Sky has been taking time off from school and has been resting at home.

The bedroom has never felt so empty. All of his art has been taken off the walls. The lights, his sketchbooks, and belongings are all gone. The room is only half-decorated now. When I look at the other side, I feel as though I'm looking through a faded mirror. It just isn't the same without him here. It's no good.

I haven't been able to sleep at night.

I miss holding him.

Claire had somehow gotten information from his parents that he had to go to court again, and that his therapy sessions have started back up. He goes every Wednesday at 5:30. His doctors had diagnosed him with PTSD, so there was almost no chance he was coming back to the apartment. Sky also had to undergo a bit of surgery, having to get stitches for his injuries. He also broke his nose. I remember one night in November when I touched the tip of his muzzle to tease him while we were cuddling in his bed. I can't imagine what he's going through now. Maybe he was right to break up with me.

It still hurts. It's selfish for me to think that, but I really do miss him.

He comes back today. Back to CIVA.

It was his own choice.

He's staying at Becca's house. Not the apartment.

~~~

"You okay, Charlie?" Claire asked as we waited outside of Becca's home in thickly-knitted coats and scarves. I tried my best to spot the blue car, the same one that carried him away when he got out of the hospital.

"I'm fine," I muttered.

"Are you sure? The last time you saw him was when—"

"I said I'm fine." I interrupted.

I didn't mean to snap at her. I was just nervous.

I was trying my best to put on a happy face in order to give Sky a warm welcome back, but I might've been trying too hard.

To be honest, I don't know how I should act when he gets here. Should I be friendly or would that be too much for him? Should I try my best to avoid him or will that hurt his feelings? After a breakup, the other occupant and I would always avoid each other for a few weeks. Breakups can be harsh and it takes some time to process them and recover. Even with Cassie.

Skyler was right, dating does affect a friendship.

I don't know how I'll be able to function around him. I'm afraid I'll make a mistake and give him the wrong impression. I may even scare him. This feels like a situation I can't get out of. I can only wait for Sky to arrive to see what my body will decide to do.

Me, Claire, Jonathan, and Becca stood there on the sidewalk as a blue Cadillac came into view down the narrow road of the town. Surprisingly, also joining us were Byron, Dylan, and Milo. They spoke to Jonathan earlier, saying they wanted to apologize.

Of course, they do.

The tires squealed as the car pulled up on the side of the road. Sky opened the car door from the backseat, smiling at us as he pulled his luggage out from behind him.