⑰ 𝙲𝙰𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙴

~~~

Skyler

Once work was over at 12, me and Charlie passed our shift on to the next employee. I ran into the park next to the coffee shop and took a seat on the swings. Charlie made a quick phone call as I started to push myself, kicking my tiny feet off the grass.

"Who was that?" I asked Charlie as he finished the call and took the swing next to me.

"Oh, just Jonathan," He responded, watching at me sway back and forth. "Look at you go."

"Let's have a height contest! Who can swing the highest?" I chirped, out of breath from pushing myself harder.

"Nah, swings make me dizzy." Charlie refused.

"Lame," I whined, stopping the swing and bringing myself to the ground.

"Oh, I'm lame?" Charlie scoffed, sitting up and grabbing the two chains of my swing. "You might want to rethink your word choices, Kitten." He gibed, towering over me.

"I hate dating you," I smirked, using my paw to push him away by his snout.

"All jokes aside, are you seriously enjoying this?" He asked with a caring tone of voice, crouching down to my level.

"Yes, Charlie, I am," I assured, placing my paws on his cheeks. "Stop worrying about me."

"You know that's impossible." Charlie smiled, sitting up and returning to his seat on the swingset.

"So, you've never dated a guy before?" I queried, looking at him.

"No, I haven't," Charlie told me.

"Same here."

"Yeah, no shit."

"When... When did you find out you were bisexual?"

"Hmm... Well..." Charlie hesitated. "I just... I was confused when I was younger. I always believed women were my main interest until I noticed I was, unintentionally, checking men out too. I never really came to terms with it until I... made out with one of my male friends at a high school party."

"Oh."

"It happened in ninth grade."

"You were a freshman?"

"Yeah... he was high... but I was thinking straight. Well, not 'straight', but... you know what I mean." Charlie joked as I snorted from laughter. "I was just thinking... about how much I liked him... How much we cared about each other. We only kissed once, but it got out of hand. We almost slept together."

"Yikes." I winced.

"He was the only guy I actually, well, connected with. Every other animal was female."

"How many girls have you dated?"

Charlie held up three fingers. I nodded in amazement. I don't understand how someone can have that many relationships within his years.

"Don't be so shocked, two of them forced me to go out with them and they both ended up cheating on me."

"Oh, god, I'm sorry." I grimaced.

"No worries, they were the usual, toxic, manipulative bitches you see in every high school flick. They were like Regina and Gretchen from Mean Girls."

"What a comparison," I marveled. "What about the third one?"

Charlie took a deep breath and scratched the back of his neck. I noticed his discomfort and began to grow concerned.

"Do you want to talk about her or..." I whispered, pulling my swing closer to his. "Did she hurt you really badly or something..?"