Chapter 36

Narrator POV:

The room had hushed down from everyone's chitter-chatter.

Dinner for the night had started to be served at each table.

First on the menu was a Cream of broccoli soup with a Potato and Green Bean Salad with a Warm Biscuit.

The Coopers table was first to be served, Brooklyn had only accepted the Potato and Green Bean Salad with the Biscuit, not wanting the soup.

To her, the smell alone had her feeling nauseous to the stomach.

As they eat time was going by it felt like a blur with no one talking, only the sounds of silverware were hitting the plates.

By the end of the dinner, all of their 7-course meals were served only a choice of vanilla ice cream or a chocolate ice cream for dessert was left to decide.

Brooklyn and Nick had decided on the vanilla ice cream, as for the others they preferred the chocolate ice cream.

Nick chatted along with Brian and Gary as for the women they sat and listen to the men's conversation, Brooklyn would once and a while put her two cents in the conversation.

Each and every time she spoke up Christine would have to interrupt by saying something that didn't make any sense making Brian look bad on his part.

Christine was not an intelligent woman when it came to business.

The men would talk about the company, For Brooklyn, she understood a little of their conversation.

Since she had been working in the company she had learned some kind of knowledge on how things worked.

Brian couldn't take Christine's interruptions any longer, "Can you please stop talking, do you even know what you're saying? Stop embarrassing me Just sit there and look pretty."

Christine's face flushed red from anger, she has never been spoken to like this in her whole entire life how dare he speak to me like this in front of everyone she thought.

She had noticed the side glances that Brian would give Brooklyn every so often, but she would not say a word she had to act like she did not notice for her goal was to be Mrs, Cooper and to have the lavish life that she's has always wanted, even at the expense of her dead daughter.

Christine felt that if she acted the way her daughter had in the past by acting submissive, Brian would fall in love with her just like he had with Stacy.

She knew her daughter was naive and didn't deserve a man like Brian so when the opportunity came she decided to leave her husband and jumped right into the sack with Brian using his heartbroken state and somehow alcohol to seduce the man.

As Christine was off in her thoughts not paying any attention to the conversation around the table.

"Brooklyn it seems that you know a lot about business. For a young woman like yourself, I'm very surprised about that."

"Why would you be so surprised about that Mrs, Cooper?"

Brooklyn picked up her water glass after she had spoken and took a drink.

Before Gary could answer Christine was the first to speak. "Maybe it's because you look like a dumb airhead."

" Christine." Both Brian and Gary said at the same time in a harsh tone.

They couldn't believe this woman and how blunt she was with her words.

For Brooklyn she didn't take it to heart she knew how her mother was jealous, she could see it written all over her face.

She too had also noticed the little side glances Brian would give towards her and she had also noticed her mother's angry face when she had noticed as well.

Brooklyn laughed." Well, I do know a little about the business world for I am an employee for McKnight Enterprises."

This comment of Brooklyn's had perked Gary's and Brian's interest.

Gary was the first to speak before his son, "To be working for McKnight Enterprises that means you would need to acknowledge and understand a lot of the business world. they only hire the most prestigious employees with the highest educational backgrounds. Even their janitors need to have a University degree to work for them."

"That's very true Father we have always wanted to work with Stephen McKnight but for some odd reason it's impossible to reach the man."

Laughing inwards, Brooklyn remembered that the Cooper Corporation had called several times to see if they could set up a meeting with Stephen but she had always declined their offer or made-up excuse for them not to meet.

That was when she was keeping her identity a secret from Stephen is he needed to stay away from the Coopers.

Brian continues to speak as he was interested in what she had to say"Which location are you located at?"

Hook line and sinker she thought, and now let the games begin.

This is what Brooklyn needed, Using McKnight Enterprises to her advantage and once she played the cards right she'll find out all their Dirty deeds and expose them all. May they rotten hell.

Cooper Corporation has desperately wanted to work with McKnight Enterprises so that they too could climb up the chain of the business world and being paired with that company they would become a whole new level.

Clearing her voice," I'm in the New York branch, I'm Mr. McKnight's PA I handle all his meetings and notarized his contract and so on."

Finding this news out that Brooklyn was only a personal assistant gave Christine the chance to mock her.

"Oh really your only a PA, I thought with the way you were speaking that you had a management job not a lowly job as a personal assistant who serves drinks and makes appointments."

"I wouldn't say that she is just only a personal assistant to me she is a whole lot more........"

__________________________

Hi everyone I thought to send out a chapter today.

I have been writing a lot of chapters and soon I will be posting each day again thank you for all your understanding.